Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here think 40,056 homeless veterans is a national emergency?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post
    Well I'm glad there's this sudden concern for homeless vets.

With a wall in place, that should free up money for vets that would otherwise be spent on illegal immigrants that would have otherwise made it to the U.S. and consumed more of our resources.
    You mean after we wasted $100b we can raise more money for the vets.

Yes nede, that wall isn't going to generate a dime

Comment

if we sent the 10 million illegal aliens back to wherever they came from, we'd have plenty of homes for our veterans.
      imo

Comment

Originally posted by goodhonk View Post
        if we sent the 10 million illegal aliens back to wherever they came from, we'd have plenty of homes for our veterans.
        That's quite an assertion.

Meanwhile,

Only in the darkness can you see the stars.

...Martin Luther King

Comment

So you think they should be homeless until then?

I see.
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post

That's quite an assertion.

Meanwhile,
            1 timothy 6:7-8
            "For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."

Matthew 8:28
            Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."
            imo

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

link to wall cost 100 billion???

Comment

• oldsoapbars
                oldsoapbars commented
                Editing a comment
                That's my estimation based on over a dozen govco/DoD projects where I was the PM on.

Do you want to take a stab at the timeline? I say at least 3 years before there is any real construction and will be at least 10 after that before any appreciable progress..

Now you seem all wall-e, pay my portion. I don't want a dime of my taxes going to the donument. I prefer a viable solution

How will a wall send them back?

...Martin Luther King

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

National emergency? Not quite. National disgrace? Abso-freakin-lutely.
                Yep.

How many of those vets chose to be homeless?
                Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post

How will a wall send them back?
                  A wall will trap them here. Better do it quick!
                  imo

Comment

1 timothy 6:7-8
                    "For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."

Matthew 8:28
                    Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."
                    Question: Foxes have dens and birds have nest...because they built it themselves. Did Jesus have no place to lay his head, by choice......or by design?

btw...check your scriptures
                    Last edited by stratosaurus; 01-11-2019, 08:37 PM.
                    ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                    Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Here's the dealeo, homeless veterans comprise a demographic that would have otherwise been indigent anyway. Once they got out they simply transitioned to who they would have been before they enlisted. I served with many of them. By my last contact with various gainfully employed vets I served with who kept in touch with each other, the word is a surprising number are on the streets. Those guys would be around 60-ish now. It's who they are. They simply do not have the stuff necessary to fend for themselves. Some served their 20 and still found themselves indigent after retirement.

I would not get too heart-hurt about homeless people because they are who they are and no manner of charity is going to change them. Bleeding hearts attempt to make an argument otherwise but always lose to the sheer weight of evidence to the contrary. Some people simply won't use their newly taught fishing skills.
                      Last edited by Idunno; 01-12-2019, 09:33 AM.
                      - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

If it did, maybe we could get a loan from the Russian oligarchs. I bet Trump knows how to do that.

...Martin Luther King

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                          I've been on self-imposed exile for a spell but have been reading you peeps' thoughts from time to time. It's like a bad habit.
                          Anyway, SINCE DARYL'S GONE I figured I could stomach a post - in this case, on the topic of The Glorious Wall.

First of all, I think it's a fair point you make about the cost of illegals. I've heard some estimates that they are a net benefit. That doesn't seem to be the case, however. I've always been very anti-illegal immigration though and am sympathetic to your attitude. Everyone should note though that estimates are suspect due to lack of data. The GAO has looked into this:
                          https://www.gao.gov/products/hehs-95-133
                          Good on you for choosing a low estimate.
                          I won't get into overstayed visas though, or that nearly all land-based drugs come through areas that already have walls.

But on The Wall, WTF is The Wall? Trump took the serious step of addressing us from the Oval Office yet he didn't even tell us what The Wall means. Is it sea to shining gulf? Or is it just little pieces here and there? We already have a wall here and there. Most of the time he seems to think it will be along the whole border, but about two months ago I saw him say it wouldn't be. Christ, how does he expect anyone to support him when he can't even spell out what the hell he wants? He's the worst freaking leader imaginable. On top of that he lies seemingly every chance he has. And even on top of all that, like Ed Phobes posted in another thread:

The evidence indicates that Trump's only reason for talking up a Wall is politics, running for election and now re-election. He never gave a rats ass about illegal immigration until his pre-election polling showed it would be a beneficial topic for him to embrace. It's so phony. He's so phony. Christ, he himself has been caught hiring illegals at least twice that I know of, once (in the building industry) on a fairly large scale.

I think a Wall along the whole border is crazy. It's stupid. No matter what the cost it's totally unnecessary and a national embarrassment, just like Trump is. We do not face a problem similar to Israel.

But as far as buying homeless vets a house goes, like someone above pointed out, how much extra do they deserve? Most of them never even see combat. Most of them come from backgrounds that would probably end up in poverty anyway.
                          Now, if they were injured in combat then yes, give them whatever in the hell they need - to a point - that point might be temporary housing and a job, however, not a house. Overall though, we fail greatly in taking care of warriors. It makes me sick to think about it.

BTW, UF's link IS the Heritage Foundation.

Also, on border security; have you peeps heard of Lidar? They are talking about installing this stuff along the border. Look into it, like, here:
                          https://phys.org/news/2019-01-high-t...-wall-ces.html

The problem I see with these things though is that they'd make good target practice for any coyote with a good rifle - they should be in disguised installations.

In terms of Trump though, I guess technology is not something that "the base" understands before they go to the polls and vote their penis. So we get Trump on national TV using the Oval Office as a campaign tool. God, the . And that is before I even mention the donation shakedown ads his re-election campaign ran before and after the national address - you guys know about that, right? I hope so. This is what a fleecing looks like, what a sham looks like, what a flim-flam man looks like.

At least HRC would have been a real president, like her or not.
                          Excellent post.

Yes there are already barriers and patrols, and drones, and high tech security on the border. Its been gong on for decades.

Just like he uses the military to bolster his potion among his base. Sending troops to the border was nothing more than a publicity stunt.

His base likes to talk about the wall in metaphorical and general terms. If they get into specifics of a barrier, they fail.

Both parties fund border security at record high levels.

This is just another fake emergency, manufactured by a fake president. Just like mobilizing troops at the border.

Comment

Working...
                          X