Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Facts" about the Southern Border

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

    Let me revise my choices people face...

    1. Stay in Guatemala and definitely get murdered.

    2. Stop their journey in Mexico and maybe get raped and murdered.

    3. Try to get to the USA.


    They'll pick 3.
    Then why doesn't the entire nation of Mexico seek asylum if it's so bad?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BadDaddy View Post

      What tangible effect do you think that erecting at most a few hundred miles of fencing along the border while leaving 1000 miles of border unprotected would have in curtailing these problems, especially considering that our government claims that most drugs are smuggled through our ports of entry, and that 40% of illegal aliens are here on expired visas? I'll bet that Trump's issuing an E.O. requiring all employers to use the E-Verify system would have a greater effect on controlling illegal immigration than erecting some fencing along the border would. The question is, why won't he do that?
      According to the border patrol captain I was just listening too, 100 miles of new wall/barrier would free many agents to work the check points and intercept more illegals/contraband, etc.

      It's really interesting to hear the actual border patrol agent's opinion on this subject.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by The Badger View Post
        Nede, if I believe any of that, do I win a prize?
        No it just means you really are interested in actual facts, and not what the media tells you.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post

          No it just means you really are interested in actual facts, and not what the media tells you.
          You obviously don't get your facts from the media, so do you have your own team of investigative employees who brief you each morning?
          All indications are this new interest in facts is quite a reversal for you, if true, ned.
          I salute you.
          To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post

            You obviously don't get your facts from the media, so do you have your own team of investigative employees who brief you each morning?
            All indications are this new interest in facts is quite a reversal for you, if true, ned.
            I salute you.
            Nah I just go directly to the data sources that no one ever seems to read.

            And I listen to folks who really know what they're talking about like border patrol agents, game wardens, and other LEO.

            I'm only 2hrs from the border so umm...yeah...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post

              Then why doesn't the entire nation of Mexico seek asylum if it's so bad?
              That's a heaping helping of reductio ad absurdum.

              https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...io-ad-Absurdum

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post

                Nah I just go directly to the data sources that no one ever seems to read.

                And I listen to folks who really know what they're talking about like border patrol agents, game wardens, and other LEO.

                I'm only 2hrs from the border so umm...yeah...
                uh huh.
                and the border patrol agents, game wardens, and other LEO are interviewed...
                wait for it-



                by the media, ned.

                oh ned.
                in the end, you always disappoint.
                To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post

                  uh huh.
                  and the border patrol agents, game wardens, and other LEO are interviewed...
                  wait for it-



                  by the media, ned.

                  oh ned.
                  in the end, you always disappoint.
                  Silly boy....

                  I've talked to them personally since I know a few.

                  Kind of easy since I'm out and about a lot as some here know first-hand.

                  But yeah..go ahead and keep believing what CNN tells you.

                  Jim Acosta did a great job proving that barriers work.

                  Comment


                  • RogueGnome
                    RogueGnome commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Are you so foolish to suggest that the border patrol agents, game wardens, and other LEO are not interviewed by the media, ned?
                    I don't know Jim Acosta, ned. Friend of yours you see when you are out and about?

                • #24
                  Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post

                  According to the border patrol captain I was just listening too, 100 miles of new wall/barrier would free many agents to work the check points and intercept more illegals/contraband, etc.

                  It's really interesting to hear the actual border patrol agent's opinion on this subject.
                  It would be far more cost effective to simply hire more border patrol agents than it would be to spend the $5.8 billion Trump is requesting to build fencing to free up the agents we have currently patrolling those areas now.

                  Comment


                  • #25
                    Nede and other wall supporters we'll just have to get over their disappointment.

                    Congressional Democrats know that Trump is the one under pressure from the public for his temper tantrum shut down.

                    considering that Trump failed to get the funding when compliant Republicans were in control, now that the Democrats hold the house his chances of wall funding are approaching zero.

                    Ouch! Failure mode engaged!
                    😀
                    __________________________________________________

                    Is This Thing On?

                    https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

                    Comment


                    • #26
                      Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
                      Nede and other wall supporters we'll just have to get over their disappointment.

                      Congressional Democrats know that Trump is the one under pressure from the public for his temper tantrum shut down.

                      considering that Trump failed to get the funding when compliant Republicans were in control, now that the Democrats hold the house his chances of wall funding are approaching zero.

                      Ouch! Failure mode engaged!
                      😀
                      So what's your opinion on the facts I posted?

                      Are they inconvenient and contrary to the TDS media's version of "facts"??

                      Comment


                      • Tom Hicks
                        Tom Hicks commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The fact about lacking funding is the key fact in this discussion.

                        Ever heard the term vaporware?

                    • #27
                      Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post
                      Fact: Other than mexican apprehensions have increased since 2000.

                      https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...000-FY2017.pdf
                      Your link says that the total apprehensions have fallen from 1.6M in 2000 to 310K in 2017. So thanks, I think that speaks for itself. How is the fact that Central Americans appear to be more desperate than Mexican nationals in recent years helpful to your argument in any way?

                      Comment


                      • #28
                        Originally posted by Zooey View Post

                        Your link says that the total apprehensions have fallen from 1.6M in 2000 to 310K in 2017. So thanks, I think that speaks for itself. How is the fact that Central Americans appear to be more desperate than Mexican nationals in recent years helpful to your argument in any way?
                        Suddenly it's a CRISIS!
                        Because Mueller is getting close to the bone, Dems control the House, Cohen is going public before Congress.
                        For crying out loud- What's a fella have to do to get him a crisis around here?
                        To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

                        Comment


                        • #29
                          We're already a record levels of funding for border patrols. It's not an open border. There are barriers, patrols and high tech security.

                          This is all nothing more than a fake crisis, manufactured by a fake president, who is going to hold his breath until he squeezes the taxpayer for another 5 billion dollars, to prove to his followers how much he loves them.

                          Comment


                          • #30
                            I looked at ned's data from first link - very enlightening, thanks ned. Deeper into the data this link:

                            https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/s...-apprehensions



                            Shows a large majority in a couple of areas, and you know maybe if we were not so fisticuffs politically we might be able to pareto the data, grab low fruit and figure out how best to spend money.

                            Maybe it is a wall. Maybe it is better vehicle inspection tech. Maybe it is fairy dust.

                            We'll never know because our Government refuses to work with each other to get in the weeds to find the right solution. It doesn't help that the CIC is thinking about the problem at a kindergarten level.

                            #FUKD
                            http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X