No announcement yet.

This is why we should impeach immediately

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodhonk View Post
    I figured the dems would try to at least start some sort of investigation or impeachmemt process so they can argue that trump cannot nominate a replacement for RBG.
    As long as we have the McConnell rules, nomination might take place, but hearings and confirmation votes will be verboten, unless Mitch agrees to it.
    "Truth is what stands the test of experience."

...Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tom Hicks
      Tom Hicks commented
      Editing a comment
      So long as McConnell refuses to allow house bills to be brought up for a vote in the Senate the Democrats in the Senate are going to gum up the works and not allow him to process other business.

Not sure if he or the administration expected this much spine from their political opposition but there it is.

Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post

I agree with everything Trump wants to accomplish. I don't care about his personality, I care about his platform. I'm an issues voter, not a gender/party/ethnicity voter.
    Exactly! I didn't vote for him because he makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, I voted for him because of the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post

Somehow its immoral to provide American citizens with national security? While an estimated 22 million illegal immigrants parade around in our country dropping anchor babies, but that's not immoral, that's our duty and responsibility to people who want what you have without earning it or any respect for our laws (imo)
      how exactly will a wall solve that? 12th century solutions don't work in the 21st century. we all agree that border security is lacking and needs addressed, but a wall as advertised by trump is just pain stupid. it would take decades to complete cost 100 billion + and still not solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post
        Are you OK with the year or so of legal wrangling and then president Pence?

If Trump is not impeached can he still be isolated and therefore rendered ineffective?

What is the best path forward?

Zip
        Even so, a president CAN be removed via the 25th amendment for mental incompetence. At this juncture, there is little argument to vindicate him against such measures, IMO.
        Originally posted by GTRMAN;n31424311

The hijacking of the Republican party by the religious right really did send the party into a tailspin of fundamentalism and black/white politics. It's really scary how it transformed the party.

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post

how exactly will a wall solve that? 12th century solutions don't work in the 21st century. we all agree that border security is lacking and needs addressed, but a wall as advertised by trump is just pain stupid. it would take decades to complete cost 100 billion + and still not solve the problem.

It works in Israel. 12th century? I didn't realize they were coming over wearing jet packs.

Comment

• Daehtihs
            Daehtihs commented
            Editing a comment
            In a statement on Sunday, the army said the tunnel was "under the army's control and does not pose a threat anymore".

"The tunnel was blown up just as what happened to the previous tunnels, and anyone who enters it from Lebanese territory would be in danger," the statement said.

As usual you overstate your opinion Tom.https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...100403603.html

• panhandler
            panhandler commented
            Editing a comment
            ALL walls get breached! WAKE UP!

• Tom Hicks
            Tom Hicks commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not about THE tunnel Mister Head.

It's about the multiple tunnels. Most significantly the ones yet to be discovered.

Originally posted by erok123 View Post
          I'm against impeachment, unless it's for proven crimes against the US. And we don't have that yet.
          Violation of campaign finance law is a felony. He has already been implicated in that crime, and we have him on tape making arrangements to commit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post
            Are you OK with the year or so of legal wrangling and then president Pence?
            Even though I disagree with Pence about nearly everything he stands for, policy-wise, he would be fine as president finishing out Trump's term. He has not committed crimes, and he is not an international embarrassment.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
              Tom Hicks commented
              Editing a comment
              There is compelling evidence that Pence lied under oath regarding his knowledge of General Flynn's illegal lobbying for turkey.

This evidence is in the form of a registered letter about Flynn's illegal activities sent by representative Elijah Cummings to Pence prior to his testimony claiming not to know.

There's a real difficulty with the grifter Administration finding somebody with Clean Hands.

It works in Israel. 12th century? I didn't realize they were coming over wearing jet packs.
            Most of them seem to be coming in jet airliners.

...Albert Einstein

Comment

israel is a completely different. I don't know that it works all that well there either. you only know what the propaganda says. it sure didn't work for the Chinese. you still didin't address how a wall solves the problem of people that are already here. you guys seem impervious to reason and are stuck repeating talking points fed to you by your lord and master.

and if terrorists want in they aren't coming by way of the rio grand. even so if there was a wall on the southern border might they simply try the northern border?

Comment

if this is such humanitarian crisis, is building a wall between us and those in crisis the right thing to do? wouldn't helping those humans be the right thing to do?

Comment

Somehow its immoral to provide American citizens with national security? While an estimated 22 million illegal immigrants parade around in our country dropping anchor babies, but that's not immoral, that's our duty and responsibility to people who want what you have without earning it or any respect for our laws (imo)
                  Explain how Trump's desire to erect at most a few hundred miles of fencing that would still leave most of the border unprotected would increase National security, especially considering that the problem of illegal entries has been declining for nearly 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post

israel is a completely different. I don't know that it works all that well there either. you only know what the propaganda says. it sure didn't work for the Chinese. you still didin't address how a wall solves the problem of people that are already here. you guys seem impervious to reason and are stuck repeating talking points fed to you by your lord and master.

and if terrorists want in they aren't coming by way of the rio grand. even so if there was a wall on the southern border might they simply try the northern border?
                    Oh yes, let's just not try because it's hard. It's easier not to try. (PS...the wall in Israel is 100% effective)
                    "I belong to,a religion that calls for the hatered and stupidity. My religious beliefs doesn't allow me to serve Trumplethinskin or his trumpanzees"- oldsoapbars

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                      Tom Hicks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No it's not.

Google "Israel tunnels".

• RogueGnome
                      RogueGnome commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Another rightwing argument that’s really Just a constantly repeated lie.
                      The theory being “if you say it often enough...”
                      But it’s not working.
                      Last edited by RogueGnome; 01-09-2019, 10:13 AM.

Originally posted by BadDaddy View Post

Explain how Trump's desire to erect at most a few hundred miles of fencing that would still leave most of the border unprotected would increase National security, especially considering that the problem of illegal entries has been declining for nearly 10 years.
                    Try walking an extra 300 miles in the desert and then tell us how it won't deter border jumping.
                    "I belong to,a religion that calls for the hatered and stupidity. My religious beliefs doesn't allow me to serve Trumplethinskin or his trumpanzees"- oldsoapbars

Comment

Oh yes, let's just not try because it's hard. It's easier not to try. (PS...the wall in Israel is 100% effective)
                      Effective at what?

How do the two situations compare between the US and Israel?

...Albert Einstein

Comment

• arf-boy
                        arf-boy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        For one thing, Israel's wall separates that nation from occupied territory, a military relationship that does not exist between the United States and Mexico.
                        Last edited by arf-boy; 01-09-2019, 10:32 AM.

again your hatred of anyone not agreeing with deal leader is telling. no one is saying not to try, we're saying lest be smart about it. something trump and apparently his fervent supporters don't seem to understand.

nothing in 100% effective, if you believe that, I've got some swamp land for sale.

Comment

Working...
                      X