No announcement yet.

This is why we should impeach immediately

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why we should impeach immediately

If ever there was a time to put this so-called head of state to pasture, this may well be it.
    We really need to oust this narcissist by any means necessary and put our government back to work immediately.
    This should happen before he single-handedly has an opportunity to do even more damage to our country and yes, even his own party!
    Originally posted by GTRMAN;n31424311

The hijacking of the Republican party by the religious right really did send the party into a tailspin of fundamentalism and black/white politics. It's really scary how it transformed the party.

Are you OK with the year or so of legal wrangling and then president Pence?

If Trump is not impeached can he still be isolated and therefore rendered ineffective?

What is the best path forward?

Zip
    665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

What you're describing would not be a "single-handed" effort.

Comment

Do you even know what "impeachment" means?
        Last edited by Uncle Figgy; 01-09-2019, 08:11 AM. Reason: syntax preference
        "I belong to,a religion that calls for the hatered and stupidity. My religious beliefs doesn't allow me to serve Trumplethinskin or his trumpanzees"- oldsoapbars

Comment

I'm against impeachment, unless it's for proven crimes against the US. And we don't have that yet.
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

Can you impeach a president because "feelings"?

Comment

• Tom Hicks
              Tom Hicks commented
              Editing a comment
              You can impeach him for high crimes and misdemeanors according to the Constitution.

And since even jaywalking is a misdemeanor that sets the bar pretty low for this Criminal.

He probably deserves it, though I don't see it happening this early in a new Congress. It may be that he's stupid enough to try to stifle and bury Mueller's report, which could start the ball rolling. In a way, it would be more satisfying to see him charged with numerous crimes after leaving office in defeat at the polls. Then, he'd have no Pence to pardon him.

It grieves me to see what he's done and the long term effects, but the system moves slowly, and for a reason.
            Only in the darkness can you see the stars.

...Martin Luther King

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post
              Can you impeach a president because "feelings"?
              It's immoral to build a wall to protect American citizens, but it's A-OK to persecute law abiding citizens if you disagree with them.
              "I belong to,a religion that calls for the hatered and stupidity. My religious beliefs doesn't allow me to serve Trumplethinskin or his trumpanzees"- oldsoapbars

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                Tom Hicks commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you assimilated and processed yet the startling Revelation that manafort shared Trump campaign polling data with a Russian guy with close ties to Putin?

But I don't blame you if you didn't notice because of all the fuss over the wall.

So long as Trump retains his base, it would be a serious mistake to impeach him.
              The uncle figgies of the world must turn their back on him first.
              Obviously, that hasn’t happened yet.
              Last edited by RogueGnome; 01-09-2019, 08:16 AM.
              Originally posted by Hoot Owl;n32354094
              If there were things available to make Trump look good don't you think he would have released them by now?
              To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

render him a lame duck. let him be defeated in the biggest landslide in American history. at least he'll have that distinction to out on.

it was a great loss. no one loses as good as me, i can tell you that.

Comment

Get-er-done. Quit all your posturing and talk. Do it. Or get off the porch. Ya'll are nothing but talk.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                    Tom Hicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think the attitude of most people quite reasonably taken is that the time to make a decision will be when we have manafort's report in hand and can study everything that his investigations have uncovered.

Often time decisions that are taken in haste are then later regretted at leisure. So let's proceed with all cautious deliberation.

• panhandler
                    panhandler commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Easy there bildo... We're only humble musicians here. We can't impeach anyone.

• bildo
                    bildo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    BS PanMan...together we can rule the world...ha....ha...ha......

Yes we need to have the full report in hand. Just all these newbies on the hill acting like they are doing it themselves right now.

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                  So long as Trump retains his base, it would be a serious mistake to impeach him.
                  That was the thing that prompted Nixon to abdicate, prominent Republicans coming to him with the message that he had lost his core GOP support in Congress. I don't know how Trump would deal with a similar situation. It seems that when people don't agree with him, he throws a tantrum and the competent people bail out.
                  Only in the darkness can you see the stars.

...Martin Luther King

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post

It's immoral to build a wall to protect American citizens, but it's A-OK to persecute law abiding citizens if you disagree with them.
                    Somehow its immoral to provide American citizens with national security? While an estimated 22 million illegal immigrants parade around in our country dropping anchor babies, but that's not immoral, that's our duty and responsibility to people who want what you have without earning it or any respect for our laws (imo)

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                      Tom Hicks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What does the US Constitution have to say about this anchor baby business?

I figured the dems would try to at least start some sort of investigation or impeachmemt process so they can argue that trump cannot nominate a replacement for RBG.
                    imo

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                      Tom Hicks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There's always the Justice Department investigation under Robert Mueller. And the Senate investigation is still underway. I also expect house Democrats to organize investigations specifically subpoena Witnesses which house Republicans refused to allow.

So it looks like you are getting your wish.

• panhandler
                      panhandler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's only the 9th. Give it time. And... Mr Mueller is still working on it.

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                    I agree with everything Trump wants to accomplish. I don't care about his personality, I care about his platform. I'm an issues voter, not a gender/party/ethnicity voter.

Comment

Working...
                    X