No announcement yet.

This is why we should impeach immediately

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why we should impeach immediately

If ever there was a time to put this so-called head of state to pasture, this may well be it.
    We really need to oust this narcissist by any means necessary and put our government back to work immediately.
    This should happen before he single-handedly has an opportunity to do even more damage to our country and yes, even his own party!
    Originally posted by GTRMAN;n31424311

The hijacking of the Republican party by the religious right really did send the party into a tailspin of fundamentalism and black/white politics. It's really scary how it transformed the party.

Are you OK with the year or so of legal wrangling and then president Pence?

If Trump is not impeached can he still be isolated and therefore rendered ineffective?

What is the best path forward?

Zip
    665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

What you're describing would not be a "single-handed" effort.

Comment

Do you even know what "impeachment" means?
        Last edited by Uncle Figgy; 01-09-2019, 08:11 AM. Reason: syntax preference

Comment

• The Badger
          The Badger commented
          Editing a comment
          "Impeachment" is a formal bringing of charges against a president by the United States House of Representatives. From there, the case goes the the United States Senate for trial.

In that respect, "impeachment" is similar to an "indictment." It can also mean the following:

Originally posted by Dictionary.Com
          verb (used with object)

to accuse (a public official) before an appropriate tribunal of misconduct in office.

1. Chiefly Law . to challenge the credibility of:
          ...."to impeach a witness."

2. to bring an accusation against.

3. to call in question; cast an imputation upon:

4. to impeach a person's motives.

5. to call to account.

noun
          Obsolete . impeachment.

Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/impeach
          And from the same source:

Originally posted by Dictionary.Com
          1. the impeaching of a public official before an appropriate tribunal.

2. (in Congress or a state legislature) the presentation of formal charges against a public official
          ....by the lower house, trial to be before the upper house.

3. demonstration that a witness is less worthy of belief.

4. the act of impeaching.

5. the state of being impeached.

source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/impeachment?s=t

I'm against impeachment, unless it's for proven crimes against the US. And we don't have that yet.
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

Can you impeach a president because "feelings"?

Comment

• Tom Hicks
            Tom Hicks commented
            Editing a comment
            You can impeach him for high crimes and misdemeanors according to the Constitution.

And since even jaywalking is a misdemeanor that sets the bar pretty low for this Criminal.

• The Badger
            The Badger commented
            Editing a comment
            That depends on whom the president was "feeling," and in what manner. Bill Clinton "felt" Monica Lewinski while he was a plaintiff in a civil trial for sexual harassment for letting his "feelings" get out of hand and into, well, "other places." Look what it got him.

He probably deserves it, though I don't see it happening this early in a new Congress. It may be that he's stupid enough to try to stifle and bury Mueller's report, which could start the ball rolling. In a way, it would be more satisfying to see him charged with numerous crimes after leaving office in defeat at the polls. Then, he'd have no Pence to pardon him.

It grieves me to see what he's done and the long term effects, but the system moves slowly, and for a reason.
          Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post
            Can you impeach a president because "feelings"?
            It's immoral to build a wall to protect American citizens, but it's A-OK to persecute law abiding citizens if you disagree with them.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
              Tom Hicks commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you assimilated and processed yet the startling Revelation that manafort shared Trump campaign polling data with a Russian guy with close ties to Putin?

But I don't blame you if you didn't notice because of all the fuss over the wall.

So long as Trump retains his base, it would be a serious mistake to impeach him.
            The uncle figgies of the world must turn their back on him first.
            Obviously, that hasn’t happened yet.
            Last edited by RogueGnome; 01-09-2019, 08:16 AM.
            To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

render him a lame duck. let him be defeated in the biggest landslide in American history. at least he'll have that distinction to out on.

it was a great loss. no one loses as good as me, i can tell you that.

Comment

Get-er-done. Quit all your posturing and talk. Do it. Or get off the porch. Ya'll are nothing but talk.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                  Tom Hicks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think the attitude of most people quite reasonably taken is that the time to make a decision will be when we have manafort's report in hand and can study everything that his investigations have uncovered.

Often time decisions that are taken in haste are then later regretted at leisure. So let's proceed with all cautious deliberation.

• panhandler
                  panhandler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Easy there bildo... We're only humble musicians here. We can't impeach anyone.

• bildo
                  bildo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BS PanMan...together we can rule the world...ha....ha...ha......

Yes we need to have the full report in hand. Just all these newbies on the hill acting like they are doing it themselves right now.

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                So long as Trump retains his base, it would be a serious mistake to impeach him.
                That was the thing that prompted Nixon to abdicate, prominent Republicans coming to him with the message that he had lost his core GOP support in Congress. I don't know how Trump would deal with a similar situation. It seems that when people don't agree with him, he throws a tantrum and the competent people bail out.
                Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Comment

• The Badger
                  The Badger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trump isn't completely there yet; he still has some support in the Senate. Mitch McConnell, for example. But he's working on infuriating and alienating what support he has left. Funny thing is, it took Nixon five years to get to that point. Trump managed it in only two.

What will really get Trump in trouble is the people he appoints after the competent ones bail out. "Loyalty" only goes so far; after that, either one can do the job or one can't. Trump's loyalists tend to be almost as incompetent as he is.

Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post

It's immoral to build a wall to protect American citizens, but it's A-OK to persecute law abiding citizens if you disagree with them.
                Somehow its immoral to provide American citizens with national security? While an estimated 22 million illegal immigrants parade around in our country dropping anchor babies, but that's not immoral, that's our duty and responsibility to people who want what you have without earning it or any respect for our laws (imo)

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                  Tom Hicks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What does the US Constitution have to say about this anchor baby business?

• The Badger
                  The Badger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Constitution says that if you are born in the Untied Skates, you are automatically an American citizen. If you are born in another country and at least one of your parents is a U.S. citizen, you are automatically an American citizen. By other law, if your family member is a citizen, you can stay with them in the U.S.

ehT daehtihS is trying to claim that this is "immoral" and should not be allowed. The odd thing is, "illegals" are statistically less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans. Fear of being caught, arrested and deported back to some third-world hell hole tends to make one more "observant" of the law than someone with nothing to lose.

I figured the dems would try to at least start some sort of investigation or impeachmemt process so they can argue that trump cannot nominate a replacement for RBG.
                imo

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                  Tom Hicks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's always the Justice Department investigation under Robert Mueller. And the Senate investigation is still underway. I also expect house Democrats to organize investigations specifically subpoena Witnesses which house Republicans refused to allow.

So it looks like you are getting your wish.

• panhandler
                  panhandler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's only the 9th. Give it time. And... Mr Mueller is still working on it.

• The Badger
                  The Badger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Democrats in Congress are most likely working toward impeaching Trump, assuming they can get the Senate to convict and oust him. In order to do that, they will have to build a very strong case, indeed. That takes time. But given Trump's penchant for bad decisions, it may take less time than we think.

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                I agree with everything Trump wants to accomplish. I don't care about his personality, I care about his platform. I'm an issues voter, not a gender/party/ethnicity voter.

Comment

Working...
                X