No announcement yet.

Poor poor Alexandria

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

A: I would guess she has a deeper understanding of finance and taxation than anyone in the Whitehouse and pretty much all republicans (not a very high bar to clear).

B: A fun aside. I find it very "interesting" how wound up people are getting over someone who has almost zero input into legislation. She's a nobody, a political light weight. Why people are losing it over her seems pretty ridiculous to me. Hell, she has less political influence than a big city mayor.
    A: Your guess would be quite wrong.

B: It's most likely that people are sick of hearing the whining from the left, and for the moment, she's whining pretty loudly. Even nutbag Pelosi told her to STFU.
    "I belong to,a religion that calls for the hatered and stupidity. My religious beliefs doesn't allow me to serve Trumplethinskin or his trumpanzees"- oldsoapbars

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post

B: It's most likely that people are sick of hearing the whining from the left, and for the moment, she's whining pretty loudly. Even nutbag Pelosi told her to STFU.
      A. Citation required

B. After 5 days? That's more of a you problem than a her problem. She's not even on my radar. She wields little or no power. Why does she matter?

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
        Phil O'Keefe commented
        Editing a comment
        You were guessing to begin with - what makes his POV about your guess any less a matter of opinion / conjecture?

If you want to ask him WHY he thinks you’re wrong that’s fine... but this is pushing the link rule...

Do you really think AOC has a better understanding of finance and taxation than “pretty much all Republicans?” That’s hyperbole, and absurd, and unless you can back up that wild and wide ranging claim, you have no business asking him for a link when he disagrees with you on it. Neither one of you has any idea what her level of knowledge is vs pretty much all Republicans, and economics is a field that is subject to considerable debate to begin with.

Stop wasting my time with these kinds of link requests folks. Learn how to ask questions, to present info that disputes claims and opinions others post, and learn how to discuss and debate instead of responding to any disagreement with a link request that you immediately run to the mods with when you don’t get instant response to your demands... if you keep abusing the link rule, you might lose it...

A. Citation required

B. After 5 days? That's more of a you problem than a her problem. She's not even on my radar. She wields little or no power. Why does she matter?
      She matters because she apparently triggers the hell out of conservatives.

Apparently we are all Really Bad Dems if we don’t stand up and renounce this first term back-bencher as loudly and throughly as we do the President whenever she dares to show that she doesn’t know a lot about tax policy.

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post

Would that include c-marxists, cucks and fake news purveyors?
        Facts are the enemy of any leftist system, fascist and communist.

Comment

Originally posted by slodge View Post

By the time Trump was four days in, he had already accumulated an historic number of lies, inaccuracies and vulgarities.

The comparison is ridiculous.
          So it is ok with you that she lied to her constituents mere days into her term?

You are missing the point: You either accept that politicians lie, or you don't. If you choose to pillory one for lying but make allowances for another, you are being a hypocrite.

I despise Trump for his behavior. I have no respect for a politician that lies mere days into office and then refused to own her lies, even makes an effort to deflect in an attempt to lessen the fact that she lied.

I know all politicians lie, but at least I am not so blinded by my biases that I do not hold one politician to a certain standard and allow another to violate that standard.

That seems to be what you and many others are doing. I am merely pointing out your hypocrisy in doing so. Minimizing lying does not make it excusable, nor should it be acceptable for a person who holds the power she does, or the power Trump does.

YMMV but at least I can look at myself in the mirror and know that I do not have double standards.
          Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Comparing her to Trump is invalid both because he’s POTUS, not a House Rep, and because has been a public figure since the Carter administration. What would you consider “day one” to be for Trump? Can’t really come up with one, I don’t think.

As I said earlier, the more fair comparison would be to a similar Republican rabble-rousing House member like maybe Gohmert or King. In which case I don’t think she’s getting off easy at all.

Ive said about her from the beginning that she seems to me like the Democrat’s version of Michele Bachman. A relatively powerless House member who is able to trade upon her appearance and “fresh” attitude to create an outsized national presence for herself by appealing to the fringe of her party.

I think that may be the best career trajectory and comparison to look at. At least for now.
            Now it looks like you are stroking yourself to make your loud calls about Trump, and your defense of her lying, seem ok.

Either you accept lying, or you do not. Once you make distinctions you are compromised in your thinking and your ethics.

They are both politicians with power to make change, or harm, and should be held to the same standards. If you are incapable of holding them to the same standard then it is hard for others to take your complaints as anything other than bias.

I expect the same behavior from my politicians, whether it is a President or a mayor of a small town.

Comment

Originally posted by gp2112 View Post

So it is ok with you that she lied to her constituents mere days into her term?

You are missing the point: You either accept that politicians lie, or you don't. If you choose to pillory one for lying but make allowances for another, you are being a hypocrite.

I despise Trump for his behavior. I have no respect for a politician that lies mere days into office and then refused to own her lies, even makes an effort to deflect in an attempt to lessen the fact that she lied.

I know all politicians lie, but at least I am not so blinded by my biases that I do not hold one politician to a certain standard and allow another to violate that standard.

That seems to be what you and many others are doing. I am merely pointing out your hypocrisy in doing so. Minimizing lying does not make it excusable, nor should it be acceptable for a person who holds the power she does, or the power Trump does.

YMMV but at least I can look at myself in the mirror and know that I do not have double standards.
              It can only be a “double standard” if one is willing to accept the idea that all politicians are equal, all political posts are equal and all lies are equal.

Obviously they are not.

Comparing AOC to Donald Trump is what I would call a “false equivalency”.

And it seems to me that anyone doing so has their own political agenda they are trying to promote.

Comment

It can only be a “double standard” if one is willing to accept the idea that all politicians are equal, all political posts are equal and all lies are equal.

Obviously they are not.

Comparing AOC to Donald Trump is what I would call a “false equivalency”.

And it seems to me that anyone doing so has their own political agenda they are trying to promote.
                If that is what you need to tell yourself to feel better about compromised ethics and biased views, then have at it.

You can make distinctions all you want, but when you do realize that complaints about one, and acceptance of another, calls your ethics and motivations into question. It also invalidates many of your opinions in the eyes of others.

Funny you should accuse me of compromised ethics. I have never stated anything but the same thing over and over again. I have not defended any politician who violated my personal belief system, nor have I dismissed as inconsequential any actions of a politician who violates my personal belief system.

I have never compromised my ethical standards. If you are sure I have then please provide a link to back up the above accusation. Otherwise I would ask you to recant.
                Last edited by gp2112; 01-09-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gp2112 View Post

Now it looks like you are stroking yourself to make your loud calls about Trump, and your defense of her lying, seem ok.

Either you accept lying, or you do not. Once you make distinctions you are compromised in your thinking and your ethics.

They are both politicians with power to make change, or harm, and should be held to the same standards. If you are incapable of holding them to the same standard then it is hard for others to take your complaints as anything other than bias.

I expect the same behavior from my politicians, whether it is a President or a mayor of a small town.
                  I don’t believe I have “accepted” her lying. I am simply able to look at it all objectively and in context.

I think the case has been made pretty clearly and reasonably why a first term house member who has been in office for 5 days isn’t going to be held up to the same scrutiny as a POTUS who has been in the public eye for decades.

For anyone to try and turn that around and say “no! They both are EQUAL and if you don’t treat them both equally it can only because you’re PARTISAN!” is frankly absurd.

Ive given you a list of several names of Republican politicians of equal stature as AOC. Find where I have been less “accepting” of one of THEM and then maybe we can have an honest discussion about who gets “let off” and who doesn’t.

Comparing her to Trump is ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
                    I would guess she has a deeper understanding of finance and taxation than anyone in the Whitehouse and pretty much all republicans (not a very high bar to clear).
                    i absolutely disagree with this, but she's got a long road ahead of her with time to learn - i.e., i expect she will be re-elected because, so far, she's everything her constituency had hoped for.

Do I want her to be quiet? I don't give a fook what she says. It's what she does is of interest to me. To date she's done nothing. How will she do? No one knows at this point.
                    100% agreed - and i don't want her to be quiet, it's time for somebody, anybody, young to stand up and say something, throw some sh!t at the wall and see what sticks. if she's getting young folks interested in `politics' at all, which, hopefully, will naturally evolve into `governing' then i say just go for it.

A fun aside. I find it very "interesting" how wound up people are getting over someone who has almost zero input into legislation. She's a nobody, a political light weight. Why people are losing it over her seems pretty ridiculous to me. Hell, she has less political influence than a big city mayor.
                    again, 100% agreed, politics is a mean mean game and she ain't gonna get her stripes for free - if she thinks the repubs are mean just wait till she goes up against her own politicos... personally, i wish her well and hope her skin is thick enough. i would love to see more young folks her age, on both/all sides of the political spectrum, in congress. then they will have to talk to, and listen, to each other - having antifa burn a bunch of other peoples stuff will not be an effective tool to prevent the opposition party from speaking on the floor, nor prevent you from having to make a cogent response... i say bring on the youngsters !
                    Last edited by wallywanker; 01-09-2019, 10:55 AM.
                    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
                    new sig currently under construction

Comment

• Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

A. Citation required

A; c'mon , bro. You think she knows more than long standing conservatives? This is foolishness, I'll not even google a link for you. Stop your silly spinning.

B: she's done some spectacularly dumb stuff in a very short time. it's good entertainment. BTW she's 29 years old. You can't write this off as "youth". If that's considered "youth" we're doomed.
                      "I belong to,a religion that calls for the hatered and stupidity. My religious beliefs doesn't allow me to serve Trumplethinskin or his trumpanzees"- oldsoapbars

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post

A; c'mon , bro. You think she knows more than long standing conservatives? This is foolishness, I'll not even google a link for you. Stop your silly spinning.

B: she's done some spectacularly dumb stuff in a very short time. it's good entertainment. BTW she's 29 years old. You can't write this off as "youth". If that's considered "youth" we're doomed.
                        Going by the actual results of conservative economic policy, everyone else on the planet has a higher comprehension of economic policy than a conservative. I would bet even my dog has a better grasp

Comment

• Originally posted by erok123 View Post
                          I love how all the so-called "non-partisan" members are so quick to condemn a freshman democrat with no experience, while ignoring the rampant trumpisim that's ruining the country. Very telling. IMO, of course.

Ya because I ignore trumps BS all the time as do most of us who consider ourselves non-partisans.

indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by guido61 View Post

I don’t believe I have “accepted” her lying. I am simply able to look at it all objectively and in context.

I think the case has been made pretty clearly and reasonably why a first term house member who has been in office for 5 days isn’t going to be held up to the same scrutiny as a POTUS who has been in the public eye for decades.
                            You have accepted her lying by saying her lies are not as bad as Trumps. You have accepted by saying that she is a new representative and that her lies to not carry the weight of the lies of another politician. You are stating, in so many words, that her lies are not bad, as long as there is Trump.

Every one in here that is saying her lying is not as bad as Trump is giving her a free pass. Why? Is there a level of unethical behavior that is condoned by all of those who are saying her lies are not as bad? From a NEW representative no less. Would you accept a lie from a professional peer as long as that peer did not have the experience of another peer whom you do not care for?

For anyone to try and turn that around and say “no! They both are EQUAL and if you don’t treat them both equally it can only because you’re PARTISAN!” is frankly absurd.
                            It is only absurd for those who accept that lying is ok for one, but not ok for another. The absurdity is the hypocrisy that has been exhibited in refusing to make either one lying the equivalent of the other.

She is not a child, and she is a freaking US Representative who has held up Trump to a certain standard, as have you. Yet she is unwilling to even walk the walk herself, and you are willing to forgive her, or minimize you her actions.

All because you do not want to equate her with another liar.

Your actions in defending her, or minimizing her can only be taken as partisan.

It is only absurd to those who do not like being told to look into the mirror. To many of us the absurdity is that after all the crying about Trumps lies, you would temporize her lies with a facile defense of inexperience or that her lies are not as bad as Trumps. To many of us, a lie is a lie, there is no level of culpability, and your defense or temporization can only be seen as a partisan act. If it were not partisan you would not have involved yourself in this thread, or you would have involved yourself in holding her to the same level of accountability of Trump who is another Newb on the political block no matter his exposure or position.

Or you would have called out those who do think a lying politician is not as bad as a lying politician.

Holding one to the same level of accountability is not a partisan act. Nor is it absurd.

Ive given you a list of several names of Republican politicians of equal stature as AOC. Find where I have been less “accepting” of one of THEM and then maybe we can have an honest discussion about who gets “let off” and who doesn’t.

Comparing her to Trump is ridiculous

I do not need to find other politicians that you find agreeable to make my point. Either a person is a liar, has lied, or they are not and have not. When one allows bias to intrude upon their ethics one is willing to determine degrees of goodness or bad. One lie will lead to another, and another, and if that person, no matter the position, is not held to the same level of accountability we end up with Trump.

You can pass her lies off as "inexperience" or that they are acceptable because she is a lesser politician, but I just see it as a corruption of ethics. No matter the title a person is called.

That others do not see it the same way, to be willing to allow for unethical behavior based up a lack of "experience", is the reason why we have Trumps in office, and politicians that complain about being called out for lying instead of owning their actions.

Hold everyone accountable to the same degree, or you have no room to judge. Ever.

If you do accept certain levels of lying as acceptable, if you try to deny that certain lies are less harmful than others (in a political arena) you are judging from a corrupted ethical position and no amount of semantics will hide that.

You never provided that information that I asked for, nor have you retracted your statement. Please do one or the other.
                            Last edited by gp2112; 01-09-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post

Your assertion A: above, in response to "I would guess she has a deeper understanding of finance and taxation than anyone in the Whitehouse and pretty much all republicans ..." needs a supporting link.

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
                                Phil O'Keefe commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Please read my comments above - they are intended for you too.
                            Working...
                            X