No announcement yet.

Poor poor Alexandria

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Certainly Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage, Coulter, and whoever else it is the rightees turn to for entertainment are endlessly mocking her and treating her like Palin was. No doubt she's getting skewered on millions of rightwing Facebook pages and we are talking about her mistakes and responses to them just as we did Sarah.

Is there really a difference in the big picture? I don't see how she's "getting let off".

She's young and has been a congresswoman for all of about 4 days so far. This is all part of the learning process. She'll either learn the game and stick around for awhile or won't and we will barely remember who she was a few years from now.

I'm sure the partisan hacks are just as the lib partisan hacks do to repubs.. I'm not referring to the partisan political shows I'm talking general entertainment outlets.

Can you at least admit a repub making the same type of comments would be getting more crap than she does?

I will give CNN and WaPo credit for calling her out.

https://www-washingtonpost-com.cdn.a...-falsehoods%2F

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/07/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-facts/index.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFY AQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp _tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn .com%2F2019%2F01%2F07%2Fpolitics%2Falexandria-ocasio-cortez-facts%2Findex.html
    Last edited by NOS68; 01-08-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Why, oh why isn't this congresswoman who's been in office for 4 days being mocked as much as a governor running for vice president and an actual president?!?!?!?

The media is so unfair!

Comment

Seems to be the case. That alone appears worth her membership in the House.
        Sounds a lot like what some trumpsters say about him.

Comment

So your bar was seriously Trump and Palin?

Your complaint is that a barely known, brand new congresswoman isn't yet as mocked on SNL as two of the biggest political buffoons of all time?

Don't worry. SNL is pretty good about giving it to both the left and the right. I'm sure if she becomes deserving they'll give her plenty of attention.
          More Palin and I think it's a fair comparison. Trump is certainly one of the biggest if not the biggest political buffoon but Paiin nope.

Comment

Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

More Palin and I think it's a fair comparison. Trump is certainly one of the biggest if not the biggest political buffoon but Paiin nope.
            Palin was a governor of a state that was running to be vice president.

That in no way compares to a first term member of Congress, 4 days into her job.

Be patient. If she deserves it, she'll be mocked.

Comment

I'm sure the partisan hacks are just as the lib partisan hacks do to repubs.. I'm not referring to the partisan political shows I'm talking general entertainment outlets.

Can you at least admit a repub making the same type of comments would be getting more crap than she does?

I will give CNN and WaPo credit for calling her out.
              Which "general entertainment outlets"? I really don't think SNL will be afraid to take her on if she provides good fodder for them. It seems like they already have someone who does a decent impression of her. The late night talk show guys? Have you even given them a chance to say anything about it or know for sure that they haven't?

And, as you say, the "MSM" is already calling her out on this.

Get back to me in six months or a year and if she's publicly embarrassing herself with stupid or incorrect comments on a nearly-daily basis like Trump and Palin do/did and they are all still "letting her off", then you'll have a legit complaint.

It's just one incident that happened a day or two ago and you're upset she isn't getting roasted like Sarah Palin?

Comment

Don't worry. SNL is pretty good about giving it to both the left and the right. I'm sure if she becomes deserving they'll give her plenty of attention.
                True - and Bush Sr apparently took it in stride well enough to become friends with Dana Carvey and invite him to the White House to reprise his impersonation.

We could use a bit more of that sort of relationship building, IMO.
                Lease this space!

Comment

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post
                  True - and Bush Sr apparently took it in stride well enough to become friends with Dana Carvey and invite him to the White House to reprise his impersonation.

We could use a bit more of that sort of relationship building, IMO.
                  Different era now, partisan BS rules the roost now it seems.

Though Bush Jr. and Michelle Obama's friendship keeps hope alive we can find our way back.

Comment

Palin was right up there for sure. She created her own problems for herself and never would have been skewered like she was if it were only one comment or incident. It's that she continued to step in it repeatedly and still continues to do so to the degree she still bothers to show her face anywhere.

SNL had a perfect situation with Palin: Tiny Fey played her brilliantly and she gave then plenty of ammo. If AOC ends up being as big a dunce as Palin and similarly refuses to learn from her mistakes or become knowledgeable about anything, then I would fully expect her to get the full-on SNL treatment.

Although, it should be noted that obviously a President and a VP candidate are going to get more attention than a first-year congresswoman.

But a lot of that depends on how much she puts herself out there. If she somewhat quietly goes about her business, she's fade from the public eye pretty quickly. If, OTHO, she wants to be like a Michelle Bachmann who has her mug on TV more than she's paying attention to her job in DC? Then I expect she'll get a lot of more pushback.

Comment

Sounds a lot like what some trumpsters say about him.
                      True, but she's only a backbench congresswoman. She can do far less damage. We can afford to have a couple of them who do nothing but troll the other side. We can't really afford to have a president who is capable of little else.

Comment

A more apt comparison would be AOC to someone on the right in the House like Steve King or Louie Gohmert. Who, to the best of my knowledge, go pretty much ignored by the "general entertainment outlets" unless they happen to say or do something particularly outrageous and even then...

....has anyone on SNL ever played Louie Gohmert?

Comment

Rumble young woman, rumble!
                          __________________________________________________ _________
                          arcadesonfire:
                          And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
                          ______________________________________________ _________
                          guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
                          __________________________________________________ ______
                          Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
                          _____________________________________________ _________
                          ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

A more apt comparison would be AOC to someone on the right in the House like Steve King or Louie Gohmert. Who, to the best of my knowledge, go pretty much ignored by the "general entertainment outlets" unless they happen to say or do something particularly outrageous and even then...

....has anyone on SNL ever played Louie Gohmert?
                            The difference I see is neither of those two are being talked about at all. AC on the other hand is the dems shiny new toy. Hopefully the shiny wears off soon and she's thrown back in the toy box quickly.

Comment

The difference I see is neither of those two are being talked about at all. AC on the other hand is the dems shiny new toy. Hopefully the shiny wears off soon and she's thrown back in the toy box quickly.
                              What I see is that the attention seems to be pretty commensurate with the position they hold and with the amount of attention they draw to themselves. Whether we are talking about Trump, Palin, AOC or any of the rest.

She seems to be getting plenty of pushback for this misstep of her. And more than a Gohmert would get for the same thing and not as much as Palin. Which seems about right.

Not really sure what your complaint is.

Comment

What I see is that the attention seems to be pretty commensurate with the position they hold and with the amount of attention they draw to themselves. Whether we are talking about Trump, Palin, AOC or any of the rest.

She seems to be getting plenty of pushback for this misstep of her. And more than a Gohmert would get for the same thing and not as much as Palin. Which seems about right.

Not really sure what your complaint is.
                                My issue is the whole partisan nature of the pushback. How many threads did we have here when Palin said something stupid compared to AC? I'll admit I took a self administered month or so off here so maybe I missed some.

Do you honestly believe a freshman repub pulling "facts" out of their a$$ would recieve the same treatment? I don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X