No announcement yet.

Poor poor Alexandria

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor poor Alexandria

Them mean nasty fact checkers keep picking on her. We can imagine the endless mocking if a repub spewed half the crap she does, I fact we don't have to imagine we fan see how trump is rightfully mocked and how Palin was, yet this dem gets let off easy.

And WTF is she talking about that the fact checkers need to focus on trump? They take trump to task all the time.

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez lashed out at fact-checkers just days after taking office, accusing them of “false equivalency” and “bias” toward her in their columns examining her statements."
    https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproje...ias-toward-her

Originally posted by NOS68 View Post
    Them mean nasty fact checkers keep picking on her. We can imagine the endless mocking if a repub spewed half the crap she does, I fact we don't have to imagine we fan see how trump is rightfully mocked and how Palin was, yet this dem gets let off easy.
    I dunno. Fact-checkers checked her, she felt forced to respond to it, Fox and others reported it, you're spreading the word and mocking her here....

Doesn't seem like she is getting let off any more easily than those others to me.

Comment

LOL@rightwingrespectforfacts

Comment

Originally posted by TheNord View Post
        LOL@rightwingrespectforfacts
        LOL@leftwingrespectforfacts

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

I dunno. Fact-checkers checked her, she felt forced to respond to it, Fox and others reported it, you're spreading the word and mocking her here....

Doesn't seem like she is getting let off any more easily than those others to me.
          Really Guido? Are SNL or any of the late night talk shows endlessly mocking her, has she been treated like Palin was?

She has some very DF tendencies, she makes crap up and then dances around it instead of owning her mistakes, maybe I should say trump like tendencies.

Comment

• moogerfooger
            moogerfooger commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s not Saturday

• Yakburger
            Yakburger commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe because she isn't Palin? I mean, c'mon man. Palin is dumb as a stump and doesn't even realize it. She said a lot of stupid things and single handedly made Obama's win more easy for him.

AOC is really triggering the Right, isn't she?

Makes me laugh.

I'd get up
          If I knew I fell

---------------
          I love this record – ray
          https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Really Guido? Are SNL or any of the late night talk shows endlessly mocking her, has she been treated like Palin was?
            Certainly Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage, Coulter, and whoever else it is the rightees turn to for entertainment are endlessly mocking her and treating her like Palin was. No doubt she's getting skewered on millions of rightwing Facebook pages and we are talking about her mistakes and responses to them just as we did Sarah.

Is there really a difference in the big picture? I don't see how she's "getting let off".

She has some very DF tendencies, she makes crap up and then dances around it instead of owning her mistakes, maybe I should say trump like tendencies.
            She's young and has been a congresswoman for all of about 4 days so far. This is all part of the learning process. She'll either learn the game and stick around for awhile or won't and we will barely remember who she was a few years from now.

Last edited by Vito Corleone; 01-08-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

She has been in office for what, 4 days?

SNL hasn't even been on in that time. Sheesh, she's got the right wing's panties all in a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

She has been in office for what, 4 days?

SNL hasn't even been on in that time. Sheesh, she's got the right wing's panties all in a bunch.
                And, actually, SNL already had someone parodying her a few weeks ago. I'm sure if she slips up they will make fun of it as the girl playing her seems pretty good at it.

Her bit comes up at around 2;50 in this video. Might wanna skip right to it as this skit isn't very funny. Maybe if I watched Morning Joe I'd appreciate the parodies more?

Comment

• Grumpy_Polecat
                  Grumpy_Polecat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're certainly right about it not being funny.

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post
                AOC is really triggering the Right, isn't she?

Seems to be the case. That alone appears worth her membership in the House.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

And, actually, SNL already had someone parodying her a few weeks ago. I'm sure if she slips up they will make fun of it as the girl playing her seems pretty good at it.

Her bit comes up at around 2;50 in this video. Might wanna skip right to it as this skit isn't very funny. Maybe if I watched Morning Joe I'd appreciate the parodies more?

Are SNL or any of the late night talk shows endlessly mocking her,
                  That's some quality internetting, right there.

Comment

When she runs for President or Vice President, get back to me. Until then, you really don't see any difference?

Nobody took Trump seriously and no one had ever even heard of Palin before their National runs. AOC hasn't finished off her first week in office, for God's sake. Interesting who Fox has decided to nail, though - seems they might be a little bit scared of the freshman Congresswoman. .
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

That's some quality internetting, right there.
                      Sorry to burst your bubble BA but I said "endlessly" mocking her not that they never mocked her.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                        Tom Hicks commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Since ALL mocking has a start and end point, there is no such thing as endless mocking.

Perhaps you mean repeated mocking?

In that case the onus would be on you to show that AOC has not been subject to mocking more than a single time.

And WTF is she talking about that the fact checkers need to focus on trump? They take trump to task all the time.

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez lashed out at fact-checkers just days after taking office, accusing them of “false equivalency” and “bias” toward her in their columns examining her statements."
                      https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproje...ias-toward-her
                      She's just a byproduct of a dying breed of idiots.
                      in surprised you gave her any notice at all.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble BA but I said "endlessly" mocking her not that they never mocked her.
                        So your bar was seriously Trump and Palin?

Your complaint is that a barely known, brand new congresswoman isn't yet as mocked on SNL as two of the biggest political buffoons of all time?

Don't worry. SNL is pretty good about giving it to both the left and the right. I'm sure if she becomes deserving they'll give her plenty of attention.

Comment

Working...
                        X