Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only SIX immigrants in terrorism database stopped by CBP at southern border in first half of 2018... Just 6

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only SIX immigrants in terrorism database stopped by CBP at southern border in first half of 2018... Just 6

Facts are facts... This is another example of this weak administration trying to twist data to show support for a southern border wall. Sarah Sanders said Friday that CBP stopped close to 4,000 suspected terrorist along the southern border in the fiscal year 2018. Outright lie. 6 were stopped. Just 6. 3700 were stopped at airports. Oh, btw... TSA has been impacted by the gov't shutdown. So which is a national security issue? The fact that we don't have a wall along the southern border or that we are in the midst of a government shut down impacting federal security services across the country?

In the first half of fiscal year 2018, U.S. Customs and Border Protection encountered on the U.S-Mexico border only six immigrants in the terrorism database.
    so over this signature BS!!!

Don't worry. I'm sure Trump will use nothing but the real facts and figures when giving his address tomorrow evening.

Comment

Call me silly, but I'm into facts. Some people are not. That is how tRump got elected.
      Last edited by panhandler; 01-07-2019, 03:41 PM.
      POST NO BILLS

Comment

Originally posted by wheresgrant3 View Post
        Facts are facts... This is another example of this weak administration trying to twist data to show support for a southern border wall. Sarah Sanders said Friday that CBP stopped close to 4,000 suspected terrorist along the southern border in the fiscal year 2018. Outright lie. 6 were stopped. Just 6. 3700 were stopped at airports. Oh, btw... TSA has been impacted by the gov't shutdown. So which is a national security issue? The fact that we don't have a wall along the southern border or that we are in the midst of a government shut down impacting federal security services across the country?

To be fair...

(lol)

I don't think she ever actually SAID that. She just used "truthiness" to conflate two pieces of data into one "alternative fact".

She does that a lot.
        It's clear that the entire GOP is acting under the influence of Kompromat

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
        - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

I guess one at the border could point at 4K people lined up to cross and say: "Those people are all suspected terrorists", and be correct. It is all in the semantics.
          Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post

To be fair...

(lol)

I don't think she ever actually SAID that. She just used "truthiness" to conflate two pieces of data into one "alternative fact".

She does that a lot.
            She did both.

On Friday on "Fox and Friends" she said: "nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists that CPB picked up that came across our southern border."

Then on Sunday she tried to rephrase it on "Fox News Sunday" by saying "We know that roughly, nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists come into our country illegally, and we know that our most vulnerable point of entry is at our southern border,"

That was when Chris Wallace busted her on it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sanders...x-news-sunday/

Frankly, I'm not sure which is worse. I think I might prefer the out-and-out lie she told first, because it can be more quickly refuted than the slight-of-hand she tried to play the second time.

Comment

• wheresgrant3
              wheresgrant3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly... she ran with that line on Friday on Fox & Friends.

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

She did both.

On Friday on "Fox and Friends" she said: "nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists that CPB picked up that came across our southern border."

Then on Sunday she tried to rephrase it on "Fox News Sunday" by saying "We know that roughly, nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists come into our country illegally, and we know that our most vulnerable point of entry is at our southern border,"

That was when Chris Wallace busted her on it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sanders...x-news-sunday/

Frankly, I'm not sure which is worse. I think I might prefer the out-and-out lie she told first, because it can be more quickly refuted than the slight-of-hand she tried to play the second time.
            I did not know about the Friday statement.

She knows many ways to lie.
            It's clear that the entire GOP is acting under the influence of Kompromat

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
            - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Six?

How many terrorists does it take to kill dozens, or even hundreds, or thousands of people?

How many hijackers did it take to take over each plane on 9-11?

How many terrorists were involved in the San Bernardino shooting?

Do you want those six people coming to your area and trying to harm people? I certainly don't.

Six people intent on harming the United States can do a lot of damage... Even one terrorist entering the United States is one too many IMHO. And remember - these are just ones that we already KNOW are terrorist suspects - that's why they're on the list. I suspect there are more who aren't on any official watch or terrorism list who have attempted to enter the US illegally.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
              - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
              - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                Six?

How many terrorists does it take to kill dozens, or even hundreds, or thousands of people?

How many hijackers did it take to take over each plane on 9-11?

How many terrorists were involved in the San Bernardino shooting?

Do you want those six people coming to your area and trying to harm people? I certainly don't.

Six people intent on harming the United States can do a lot of damage... Even one terrorist entering the United States is one too many IMHO. And remember - these are just ones that we already KNOW are terrorist suspects - that's why they're on the list. I suspect there are more who aren't on any official watch or terrorism list who have attempted to enter the US illegally.

No one is suggesting we do less at the southern border to stop terrorists. The numbers simply show where it makes the most sense to put the resources

which is likely why Sanders chose to lie about them.
                Last edited by guido61; 01-07-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Well hell...that justifies the $5 billion Comrade tRump is demanding.

Comment

• Daehtihs
                    Daehtihs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Because 5 billion is sooooo much money on a global level.

Can these guys come across on our Northern border too? Just wondering... Maybe we need two walls.
                  http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
                    Phil O'Keefe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    According to the link in the OP, more terrorist suspects were caught on the northern border than the southern one.

However, I suspect more illegal immigration comes across the southern border. Probably more drugs too.

• moogerfooger
                    moogerfooger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    from what I understand, very little drugs come across the border illegally. the vast majority come through ports of entry, and by air couriers

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
                  Well hell...that justifies the $5 billion Comrade tRump is demanding.
                  The terrorist attack on 9-11 cost the US economy a lot more than that Hoddy - $3.3 trillion dollars.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                  - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                  - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                  - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                    Tom Hicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As previously discussed a Mexican wall would have had no impact on stopping Saudi Nationals who flew into this country.

• Phil O'Keefe
                    Phil O'Keefe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Please see my response to post 17 Tom.

Originally posted by Into Nation View Post
                  Can these guys come across on our Northern border too? Just wondering... Maybe we need two walls.
                  https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-re...ares-at-mexico

​“We are looking the wrong direction,” said a senior DHS official familiar with the data. “Not to say that Mexico isn’t a problem, but the real bad guys aren’t coming from there—at least not yet.”

On Monday, press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters he would not disclose evidence behind the president’s claims that jihadis are “pouring” into the country. “I’m not going to get into specific information that the president has,” he said.

The FBI reports obtained by The Daily Beast provide data on known or suspected terrorists attempting to enter the country, or who are already in the United States.

These reports show hundreds of watchlisted passengers encountered on domestic flights—meaning they are already in the country—and a smaller percentage crossing the border over land.

​But the FBI data shows concerns about terrorists crossing into the U.S. from Canada may be a more immediate concern, or is at least worthy of considerable attention, according to border and congressional officials.​​​​​

Comment

The terrorist attack on 9-11 cost the US economy a lot more than that Hoddy - $3.3 trillion dollars.
                    Were these six actual terrorists? I remember when a Congressman was stopped at an airport because he was flagged as a suspected terrorist.Do you know where these six were stopped...was it in a remote area where the wall might have an effect or was it at a common crossing area where tens of thousands of people cross into the US on a daily basis? We now that somewhere around 4,000 suspected terrorists have been stopped at airports...seems to me that where we should be focused on stopping terrorists from entering our country...not on some stupid-ass wall.

Comment

debating in the comments section doesn't work well for me. Besides, who know who might come along and delete the whole thing? So I'll move this one here.

According to the link in the OP, more terrorist suspects were caught on the northern border than the southern one.

However, I suspect more illegal immigration comes across the southern border. Probably more drugs too.
                      More illegal immigration comes from overstayed visas than across both borders.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...l-immigration/

Most illegal drugs come through the legal ports of entry.

https://tucson.com/news/local/border...a58c06a76.html
                      Last edited by guido61; 01-07-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X