Clear All

• OT: For the music theory dorks who also enjoy Christmas

This is brilliant

Click image for larger version

Name:	TheorySong.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	32427812
    Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

__________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
      "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
      We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

Another one for the theory nerds:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	3p363uyqx3m11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	32427934
        Lease this space!

Comment

Spoiler alert!

Dorian on a Delorean!

It took me a second...

Yours was indeed "Brilliant!" Anton!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I'm a drummer. The only thing I understand in there is "Meet the Flintstones"

:rimshot:
            Look over there
            A dry ice factory
            Good place to get some thinking done!

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
            - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post
              I'm a drummer. The only thing I understand in there is "Meet the Flintstones"

:rimshot:
              I literally lol'd at that point, as well as a few others as I was reading through the OP. It really is brilliant!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

I enjoyed that!

Comment

I have no idea what any of you are talking about...

The only theory I have of music is that I am not real good at playing it. Of course, that is more than a theory now, it is a verifiable fact.

I guess my theory would be that I could play competently one day...
                  Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

I'll never be able to listen to The Christmas Song again without some of those lines coming back to me and making me chuckle...

...will hear a pretty tritone tonight.... there's minor sevenths in the bridge... there's also lots of minor seconds in the bridge...

- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                      I'll never be able to listen to The Christmas Song again without some of those lines coming back to me and making me chuckle...

...will hear a pretty tritone tonight.... there's minor sevenths in the bridge... there's also lots of minor seconds in the bridge...
                      I've been singing "there's minor seeeeevens in the bridge...." all morning
                      Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
                        The minor fall, the major lift.
                        "Truth is what stands the test of experience."

...Albert Einstein

Comment

What?! I’m not a dork!
                          My band!:
                          www.steelphantoms.com/
                          my stage stuff:
                          fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Bar 7 is not actually chromatic....
                            __________________________________________________ _________
                            arcadesonfire:
                            And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
                            ______________________________________________ _________
                            guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
                            __________________________________________________ ______
                            Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
                            _____________________________________________ _________
                            ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

Originally posted by jorhay1 View Post
                            Bar 7 is not actually chromatic....
                            It doesn't claim it is. Its "chromatic alterations to the scale" which is exactly what those notes are

-- Vaclav Havel

-- Carl Sagan

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Working...
                            X