Trump on Debt Crisis: "I Won't Be Here" when it blows up

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump on Debt Crisis: "I Won't Be Here" when it blows up

Leadership!

President Trump is dismissing the importance of paying down the national debt, saying he won’t be in office to take blame for the nation's fiscal crisis when it becomes even more unsustainable, according to a report Wednesday.

The national debt sits at $21 trillion and counting. As a candidate, when the national debt was $19 trillion, Trump promised to erase the entire debt “over a period of eight years.”

Senior administration officials showed Trump charts and graphics in early 2017 that illustrated a “hockey stick” spike in the debt in the coming years. Trump said the data showed the national debt would only become untenable after he left office, the Daily Beast reported.

“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” Trump said.

People close to the president told the news outlet that the national debt never actually bothered Trump, despite his public comments about it.

“I never once heard him talk about the debt,” one former White House official said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...i-wont-be-here
    Last edited by guido61; 12-05-2018, 07:42 PM.

I'm sure there will be the usuals on this forum that will support this.
    If someone is condescending to a Trump supporter it’s because, first of all, they aren’t being very polite. Secondly it’s because they find it incredibly difficult to understand how someone can witness this presidency and still support it. It would seem to require either outright ignorance, extreme cognitive dissonance, or a lack of a substantial grasp of reality and how the world works. Or all of the above.

Comment

Thank God for president trump.
      he is a real hero, unlike the traitor Obama !
      Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
      There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

Nobody has accused him of thinking past the next minute.
        Only in the darkness can you see the stars.

Martin Luther King

Comment

An entire years worth of gains wiped out in one day. Yeeeehaaawwww...

The Trump shtick is so easily recognized now.

😉

Comment

Of course he won’t be there. He’ll be in jail. Or shunned by society somewhere else.
            My band!:
            www.steelphantoms.com/
            my stage stuff:
            fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

• onelife
              onelife commented
              Editing a comment
              In exile at Vlad's pad perhaps.

This has been his attitude towards everything throughout his entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by powbob01 View Post
              This has been his attitude towards everything throughout his entire life.
              yes because hes a selfish prick who doesn't give a flying fk about anyone else. All his supporters have Helsinki syndrome or some other ism, what else would explain this blind devotion to this idiotstick?
              Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
              There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

Debt crisis Obama's fault, anyway.
                Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

Repubs only care about debt when Dems are in office.

Not hypocrites..... Frauds, plain and simple.

Comment

Is that the same hockey stick they used for global warming?

Trump says the darndest things!

Yeah, I have trouble believing that smear piece.

ETA; The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Now THAT'S warming!
                    Last edited by yumpy; 12-06-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                      Tom Hicks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Source: NASA

Scientists at NASA on Thursday ranked last year as the second-warmest year since reliable record-keeping began in 1880, trailing only 2016. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which uses a different analytical method, ranked it third, behind 2016 and 2015.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...year-2017.html

But but hockeystick!
                      😎

lol@liberals...." TRUMP WHAAAAAA WHAAAAAAA !!!! "

from the same article, when reality comes into play....( of course none of the libs bothered to read the link- they were too busy jumping on the bash train...lol)

Stephen Moore, a conservative economist at the Heritage Foundation and an economic adviser to Trump’s 2016 campaign, recalled making visual presentations to Trump in mid-2016 that showed him the severity of the debt problem. But Moore told The Daily Beast that he personally assured candidate Trump that it could be dealt with by focusing on economic growth.

“That was why, when he was confronted with these nightmare scenarios on the debt, I think he rejected them, because if you grow the economy… you don’t have a debt problem,” Moore continued. “I know a few times when people would bring up the enormous debt, he would say, ‘We’re gonna grow our way out of it.’”

IOW, libs take Trump's comments out of context again, and make a headline that triggers the butthurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post
                      lol@liberals...." TRUMP WHAAAAAA WHAAAAAAA !!!! "

from the same article, when reality comes into play....( of course none of the libs bothered to read the link- they were too busy jumping on the bash train...lol)

Stephen Moore, a conservative economist at the Heritage Foundation and an economic adviser to Trump’s 2016 campaign, recalled making visual presentations to Trump in mid-2016 that showed him the severity of the debt problem. But Moore told The Daily Beast that he personally assured candidate Trump that it could be dealt with by focusing on economic growth.

“That was why, when he was confronted with these nightmare scenarios on the debt, I think he rejected them, because if you grow the economy… you don’t have a debt problem,” Moore continued. “I know a few times when people would bring up the enormous debt, he would say, ‘We’re gonna grow our way out of it.’”

IOW, libs take Trump's comments out of context again, and make a headline that triggers the butthurt.
                      How is that working out?

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                        Tom Hicks commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Reality trumps MAGA theories. What a shocker!

At least we can all applaud the first half of his statement. "I Won't Be Here" when it blows up.

Originally posted by Hoot Owl;n32354094
                      If there were things available to make Trump look good don't you think he would have released them by now?
                      To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

President Trump will be hiding in his safe space along with all the other MAGAs when the debt crisis blows up.
                        Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

Working...
                        X