Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I suspect that our illegitimate AG Whitaker has seen the unredacted Flynn memo, and has shown it to Trump

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suspect that our illegitimate AG Whitaker has seen the unredacted Flynn memo, and has shown it to Trump

Whitaker is Trump's mole in the DOJ...that's been the rumor for a while. It's why Trump appointed him, and why Rosenstein didn't get elevated to the position.

So now Trump knows more of what he is up against.

I can't wait for the day when the memo is fully released.

I loaned you all that cash when nobody else would, so now you can't criticize me for murdering a journalist.

Ed Phobes has taken music to a place where it has never been before, and will never go again. In my life, I have heard great music, and I have heard terrible music. Now I have heard this. Thank you. – sydfan

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

meh. Whitaker will probably just end up being yet another "only the best" people Trump hired who he later thinks is horrible and needs to go.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
      meh. Whitaker will probably just end up being yet another "only the best" people Trump hired who he later thinks is horrible and needs to go.
      But until then...
      I loaned you all that cash when nobody else would, so now you can't criticize me for murdering a journalist.

Ed Phobes has taken music to a place where it has never been before, and will never go again. In my life, I have heard great music, and I have heard terrible music. Now I have heard this. Thank you. – sydfan

Comment

Hey Ed, Can you please post us a link about the illegitimate thingy? I hadn't heard that it is official like you say.

Also, are you suggesting that the President of the United states should have documents held back from him? Just wondering.
        Thank Harry Reid and the Democrats for our conservative SCOTUS!!

Do yourself a favor and #WalkAway

Attention: Everything I say on this site is 'in my opinion'
        Me = Devout Christian

Comment

Originally posted by Donny G View Post
        Hey Ed, Can you please post us a link about the illegitimate thingy? I hadn't heard that it is official like you say.

Also, are you suggesting that the President of the United states should have documents held back from him? Just wondering.
        Whitaker hasn’t been confirmed by the Senate, which is the constitutional requirement for cabinet members. Trump hasn’t moved to get him confirmed or to nominate a new attorney general. Hence, Whitaker isn’t exactly what the founders envisioned to be overseeing oversight of the president. The Senate is supposed to play a role here.
        My band!:
        www.steelphantoms.com/
        my stage stuff:
        fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

• Donny G
          Donny G commented
          Editing a comment
          What? All I need is the OP's official link showing he is officially not our interim AG, not an explanation of something 'not exactly'.
          Last edited by Donny G; 12-05-2018, 01:28 PM.

• arcadesonfire
          arcadesonfire commented
          Editing a comment
          In addition to Whitaker not being confirmed as is constitutionally mandated, he's also breaking federal law requiring that the Deputy AG perform AG duties if the AG is vacated. Trump could stay within the confines of the law by sending Whitaker to the Senate for confirmation while Rosenstein carries out AG duties. Instead, Trump ignored statute and the constitution. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/508

You can start here:

https://www.justsecurity.org/61483/i...orney-general/

There is some gray area, but Whitaker's appointment is not the way the government is supposed to function. Rosenstein was available, qualified, and confirmed. I consider Whitaker to be completely illegitimate, appointed solely to benefit Trump.

And on the documents question, I think in this case that Trump has no need to see the unredacted memo. Why would he? (Can you answer that?)

Seeing it "just because he can" is a specious argument at best, and completely partisan.

Comment

from the web site of the attorney General for the district of columbia

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Attorney General Karl A. Racine today led a 15-state coalition of attorneys general challenging President Trump’s appointment of Matthew Whitaker as Acting Attorney General of the United States. In a friend-of-the-court brief filed in a Maryland case, AG Racine and the amici states argue that Trump’s appointment of Whitaker, the Chief of Staff to the U.S. Attorney General at the Department of Justice (DOJ), to serve as the nation’s top legal officer violates laws clearly indicating that the Chief Deputy Attorney General takes over when an Attorney General steps down or is removed.

“President Trump cannot ignore federal law and Congress’s confirmation powers to elevate a non-confirmed political appointee to act as the nation’s highest law enforcement officer,” said AG Racine. “We’re filing an amicus brief supporting Maryland because President Trump’s appointment of Mr. Whitaker is illegal, unconstitutional, and runs counter to the rule of law.”

Comment

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post
            You can start here:
            Seeing it "just because he can" is a specious argument at best, and completely partisan.
            Ed, I don't know what you are talking about. An article to someone's 'initial reaction' is hardly a link. As far as I know, the HCPP rules are, when asked for a link you have like 24 hours to show it. So, let's re-visit it tomorrow, hopefully you can show us. Thanks and have a great day.

Me = Devout Christian

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
              Phil O'Keefe commented
              Editing a comment
              He provided a relevant link, as requested. Further, he went beyond that and clarified his statement by clearly indicating that he was presenting his opinion. (See below) As I pointed out, until the courts adjudicate the matter, it remains only a matter of opinion either way.

Ed, I don't know what you are talking about. An article to someone's 'initial reaction' is hardly a link. As far as I know, the HCPP rules are, when asked for a link you have like 24 hours to show it. So, let's re-visit it tomorrow, hopefully you can show us. Thanks and have a great day.
            https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/508

Do you need a link to the US constitution as well?
            My band!:
            www.steelphantoms.com/
            my stage stuff:
            fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Ed, I don't know what you are talking about.An article to someone's 'initial reaction' is hardly a link. As far as I know, the HCPP rules are, when asked for a link you have like 24 hours to show it. So, let's re-visit it tomorrow, hopefully you can show us. Thanks and have a great day.
              I gave a link that explains it, and mooger's post above expands on that. The "initial reaction" that you deride is based on Constitutional law, I can't help that someone thought of it right away and commented on it. That it's an "initial reaction" is no reason to dismiss it.

Comment

• Donny G
                Donny G commented
                Editing a comment
                The Government site has him as AG, not one word about being illegitimate (see post #12). Please supply the link. Thank you.

• Phil O'Keefe
                Phil O'Keefe commented
                Editing a comment
                Again, he gave a link that supports his opinion. He clarified and indicated that it was his opinion that the acting AG is illegitimate. The matter is currently under litigation, so until the courts decide, the acting AG will remain in the position, but the matter is still currently open for debate - not only here, but in the courts.

I've made my decision on the matter. He has complied with the forum rules. Let it go please.

As for whether Trump has seen the document: I would suspect that if Trump has the memo, he and his people (Rudy maybe) would find some portion of the memo that could be taken out of context to appear to exonerate Trump, and they would leak it. We'll see.
              My band!:
              www.steelphantoms.com/
              my stage stuff:

Comment

Download image

Matthew G. Whitaker is serving as Acting Attorney General.
                Prior to becoming Acting Attorney General, Mr. Whitaker served as Chief of Staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions. He was appointed as the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa on June 15, 2004 by President George W. Bush. While U.S. Attorney, he served on the Controlled Substances and Asset Forfeiture Subcommittee of the Attorney General's Advisory Committee and was a member of both the White Collar Crime Subcommittee and the Violent and Organized Crime Subcommittee. Previously, Whitaker was a managing partner of Des Moines based law firm, Whitaker Hagenow & Gustoff LLP. He was also the Executive Director for FACT, The Foundation for Accountability & Civic Trust, between 2014 and 2017.
                Mr. Whitaker graduated with a Master of Business Administration, Juris Doctor, and Bachelor of Arts from the University of Iowa.

From this site:

https://www.justice.gov/ag/staff-pro...rney-general-0

Me = Devout Christian

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                  As for whether Trump has seen the document: I would suspect that if Trump has the memo, he and his people (Rudy maybe) would find some portion of the memo that could be taken out of context to appear to exonerate Trump, and they would leak it. We'll see.
                  Them leaking it would be very risky, but they're certainly dumb enough to try.

I doubt there's anything there that would exonerate Trump. How could there be? It's a sentencing memo detailing Flynn's testimony about several criminal matters.

Comment

Download image

Matthew G. Whitaker is serving as Acting Attorney General.
                    Prior to becoming Acting Attorney General, Mr. Whitaker served as Chief of Staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions. He was appointed as the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa on June 15, 2004 by President George W. Bush. While U.S. Attorney, he served on the Controlled Substances and Asset Forfeiture Subcommittee of the Attorney General's Advisory Committee and was a member of both the White Collar Crime Subcommittee and the Violent and Organized Crime Subcommittee. Previously, Whitaker was a managing partner of Des Moines based law firm, Whitaker Hagenow & Gustoff LLP. He was also the Executive Director for FACT, The Foundation for Accountability & Civic Trust, between 2014 and 2017.
                    Mr. Whitaker graduated with a Master of Business Administration, Juris Doctor, and Bachelor of Arts from the University of Iowa.

From this site:

https://www.justice.gov/ag/staff-pro...rney-general-0
                    There's no doubt he's serving as AG, but that's not really the question here. That he's serving is the problem.

Comment

• Donny G
                      Donny G commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ed, you call him illegitimate in the title, just change it or retract or show us the link, ok? Gosh. He is the AG, acting or not, totally legit. He isn't illegitimate just because you say he is.
                      Last edited by Donny G; 12-05-2018, 02:38 PM.

• arcadesonfire
                      arcadesonfire commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He's illegitimate because he hasn't been confirmed by the Senate. This isn't a difficult concept. It's 8th grade civics.

Just put some imo's around it and the rules lawyers have to be quiet. Then we can discuss why the imo illegitimate imo AG was appointed.

It's because he kissed t-Rump. Not on the left cheek, not on the right cheek. Right in the middle.

imo

Comment

Working...
                    X