Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet, sweet announces end of China's 40% US auto import tariff!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post

What have you done to deserve more pay? Did you design a new hot product? Did you find waste of funds? Did you up your education and offer more than your original value?

No, you just want more, so you think you deserve more for doing nothing more. Maybe doing less
    Throughout the year, in addition to working on everything within my purview, I have continually found problems with reissued products that needed to be fixed; they are being fixed. Regardless of how my company values me......

Cost of living increases from year to year; money inflates from year to year; employers generally compensate accordingly.

Have you had employers who didn't annually provide income bumps to accommodate cost of living increases?

And shouldn't we all be expecting a better wages given Trump's campaign promises and purported deal-making skills? If we the working stiffs don't see better wages, would that be a failed promise from Trump?
    Last edited by arcadesonfire; 12-06-2018, 10:36 AM.
    My band!:
    www.steelphantoms.com/
    my stage stuff:
    fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

This is awesome news for US auto makers !!! Every real American will rejoice!!!
      President Trump announced on Sunday that China had agreed to "reduce and remove" tariffs on U.S.-produced vehicles imported into the country.

"China has agreed to reduce and remove tariffs on cars coming into China from the U.S," the president tweeted. "Currently the tariff is 40%."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/419386-trump-china-agrees-to-reduce-tariffs-on-us-autos

Every day in America is a better day in America when you let Sweet, sweet do his thing!!
      Copying hoddy's style?

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

Cost of living increases from year to year; money inflates from year to year; employers generally compensate accordingly. Throughout the year, in addition to working on everything within my purview, I have continually found problems with reissued products that needed to be fixed; they are being fixed.

Have you had employers who didn't annually provide income bumps to accommodate cost of living increases?

And shouldn't we all be expecting a better wages given Trump's campaign promises and purported deal-making skills? If we the working stiffs don't see better wages, would that be a failed promise from Trump?
        You're a typical lib. You want something for not doing anything to get it.
        "I belong to,a religion that calls for the hatered and stupidity. My religious beliefs doesn't allow me to serve Trumplethinskin or his trumpanzees"- oldsoapbars

Comment

• BA.Barcolounger
          BA.Barcolounger commented
          Editing a comment
          He explained the extra work he did for his company. Did you even bother to read the post you quoted?

Here is the relevant portion..."Throughout the year, in addition to working on everything within my purview, I have continually found problems with reissued products that needed to be fixed; they are being fixed."

You're very good at making up silly names, however, silly names don't convince me you know more than Sweet, sweet. Until someone can prove him wrong, I'll be satisfied with allowing him to handle the situation in his own way. That's why I voted for him, to do the job, not write books about his absent militant father.
        You complain about him using silly names in the same breath that you utter "Sweet, sweet."

Comment

You're very good at making up silly names, however, silly names don't convince me you know more than Sweet, sweet. Until someone can prove him wrong, I'll be satisfied with allowing him to handle the situation in his own way. That's why I voted for him, to do the job, not write books about his absent militant father.
          Translation: "I got nuttin"

Comment

You're a typical con. Knee-jerking a hackneyed response without actually reading and comprehending the post you're replying to.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

Translation: "I got nuttin"
              Yeah, Mr. Silly Names say I've got nothing. HILARIOUS !!!
              "I belong to,a religion that calls for the hatered and stupidity. My religious beliefs doesn't allow me to serve Trumplethinskin or his trumpanzees"- oldsoapbars

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
                Phil O'Keefe commented
                Editing a comment
                Keep the silly name calling out of the discussion please.

How is it typical of a lib to expect wages to correlate with cost of living increases and inflation? Has your employer never raised your wage/salary?

Rent goes up every year; prices at grocery stores go up every year; costs of living increase.
              My band!:
              www.steelphantoms.com/
              my stage stuff:
              fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Trump promised a better economy and higher wages for Americans. Trump never said: "You need to design a new hot product, find waste of funds, or up your education and offer more than your original value if you want higher wages." Instead, Trump promised that with him as president, Americans would see better wages and a brighter economic outlook.

Does this mean people who voted for Trump expecting him to fulfill that promise were all typical libs?
                My band!:
                www.steelphantoms.com/
                my stage stuff:

Comment

Yeah, Mr. Silly Names say I've got nothing. HILARIOUS !!!
                  Awesome job of proving my point. Thanks

Comment

• erok123
                    erok123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome back.

• oldsoapbars
                    oldsoapbars commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks

• Tom Hicks
                    Tom Hicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome back OSB
                    👍

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                  Trump promised a better economy and higher wages for Americans. Trump never said: "You need to design a new hot product, find waste of funds, or up your education and offer more than your original value if you want higher wages." Instead, Trump promised that with him as president, Americans would see better wages and a brighter economic outlook.

Does this mean people who voted for Trump expecting him to fulfill that promise were all typical libs?
                  Everywhere I go "help wanted " signs...ever think about getting a second job? It was good enough for my old man, and he had a master's degree ...I'm sure you're up to it.

Comment

Everywhere I go "help wanted " signs...ever think about getting a second job? It was good enough for my old man, and he had a master's degree ...I'm sure you're up to it.
                    I actually have been looking for part time work recently. So yes, that's on my mind.

Now, do you think you'll ever answer questions I pose to you?
                    My band!:
                    www.steelphantoms.com/
                    my stage stuff:

Comment

Why waste your breath?

Comment

• arcadesonfire
                        arcadesonfire commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Honest curiosity to see what he thinks.
                        Last edited by arcadesonfire; 12-06-2018, 12:10 PM.

Also Uncle Figgy, sorry if you missed my thread about testing accommodations for folks with brain damage, but I did spend a significant portion of 2018 studying for and taking grad school entrance exams--studying nearly every night starting in January and then taking a biweekly class from April through July. It's going to be a number of years and some debt to pay before I see financial dividends from upping my education.

Now, back to cost of living: Have you never had an employer that provided a small bump in salary/wage to account for inflation and rising costs of living?
                      Last edited by arcadesonfire; 12-06-2018, 12:42 PM.
                      My band!:
                      www.steelphantoms.com/
                      my stage stuff:

Comment

Those who supported Trump's tax cuts claimed that workers weren't receiving raises to keep up with the pace of inflation as a result of the excessive taxes, though most economist predicted that 80% of the tax cuts would benefit the top 1% resulting in stock buy backs. Gee, who knew?

I find your statement that typical liberals want something for not doing anything to get it, especially considering that the majority of States that receives more Federal funds than they collect in taxes are Republican States, and that the majority of States that receives less Federal funds than the collect in taxes are Democrat States.

Comment

Working...
                        X