Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

America not the greatest country in the world anymore?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America not the greatest country in the world anymore?

Is America the greatest country? I came across this older video and it really made me think.

"When words don't mean anything, when truth doesn't matter, when people can just lie with abandon, democracy can't work,"

It never was for the liberal and always was for the conservative, by definition. The liberal can never be satisfied with anything, by nature, cannot and therefore will not be cornered to define it, and the conservative cannot understand how that can be applied to governing a nation. If one cannot define what he wants the other cannot work to meet him on the bargaining floor.
    - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

- Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite. - President Eisenhower in his Farewell Address

Comment

"No one wants RINOs anymore, so America sucks now."

Last edited by Daryl Flynn; 11-10-2018, 03:02 PM.

“Allowing the immigration to take place in Europe is a shame. I think it changed the fabric of Europe and, unless you act very quickly, it’s never going to be what it was and I don’t mean that in a positive way.” - President Trump

Comment

Far from it, this country sucks.
        Guns Over People

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
          Daryl Flynn commented
          Editing a comment
          Why wait?

• Hoddy
          Hoddy commented
          Editing a comment
          We have matters to take care of.

when was it ever the greatest?
        {O,O}
        (__(\
        " "

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
          Daryl Flynn commented
          Editing a comment
          1776 - 2008

2016 -

• Turd Furgison
          Turd Furgison commented
          Editing a comment
          you forgot 1861-65

It probably is the greatest, for what that's worth. Being the greatest doesn't translate into the highest quality of life for its citizens, but we can enjoy it on an abstract level.
        Last edited by Zooey; 11-10-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
          It never was for the liberal and always was for the conservative, by definition. The liberal can never be satisfied with anything, by nature, cannot and therefore will not be cornered to define it, and the conservative cannot understand how that can be applied to governing a nation. If one cannot define what he wants the other cannot work to meet him on the bargaining floor.
          Close.

The more accurate truth is that the liberal thinks the country WILL be great in the future if only certain things will happen...

the conservative believes the country once WAS great and would still be if only certain things had never happened...

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Close.

The more accurate truth is that the liberal thinks the country WILL be great in the future if only certain things will happen...

the conservative believes the country once WAS great and would still be if only certain things had never happened...
            You have some retracting to do.

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum...1#post32389991

“Allowing the immigration to take place in Europe is a shame. I think it changed the fabric of Europe and, unless you act very quickly, it’s never going to be what it was and I don’t mean that in a positive way.” - President Trump

Comment

Close.

That's an interesting way to look at it. I like it.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

Close.

Agree 100%
                "Nationalism is a betrayal of patriotism.”
                Emmanuel Macron

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
                Ghandi

Comment

Oh, and for the record, I think America has been the greatest country in the world for the majority of Americans. The hard part (that seems to be what causes most of the political division in this country) seems to be making this country great for those not in the majority as well. For some odd reason, those in the majority don't seem willing to share. Not very 'American', if you ask me.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

This country has lost it's way. The jingoism about freedom and equality is just hollow rhetoric. We have come close in the past, but the selfish voices of materialism, racism, and nationalism have turned this into a place that is nothing to be proud of anymore.
                    The middle/working class has been decimated and the poor are still scapegoats and targets. Our citizens are mass murdering each other on the regular, while the biggest crimes - that produced the 2008 crash, went un- punished, and were paid off on the backs of those who can afford it least.

Worst, I feel we have seen the true hearts of our countrymen, by the fact they voted for a president who should have been a sad little asterisk in the history of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
                      Didn't watch the video, huh?
                      Could you tell a wise man
                      By the way he speaks or spells?
                      Is this more important
                      Than the stories that he tells?

...the Yardbirds

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Flynn View Post
                        "No one wants RINOs anymore, so America sucks now."

Why use the term “RINO” as a criticism when you yourself would rather have “MAGA” than “Republican” as your party name?
                        My band!:
                        www.steelphantoms.com/
                        my stage stuff:
                        fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

Why use the term “RINO” as a criticism when you yourself would rather have “MAGA” than “Republican” as your party name?
                          Because RINOs are what ruined the GOP.

Comment

Working...
                          X