Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Bill Coors

102 is one hell of a run!
    William “Bill” Coors, brewing industry leader, dies at 102

Never really a fan of their products --especially 'Coors Light', which seems redundant-- (but that never stopped me from drinking them when someone else was buying).
    gp

"What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men just can't be reached. So, you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants. The... I don't like it any more than you men."

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
    102 is one hell of a run!
    indeed ! when you grow up in northwest kansas you drink a lotta lotta coors before you get out of town (or, into a real town, as the case may be ...) rip bill coors.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    new sig currently under construction

Comment

Too bad all their beer was on the light side because they do have a great water source but they did describe their beer as a "Banquet Beer". The kind of beer dad could drink at family gatherings or picnics and not get sloshed. I'm sure Bill witnessed a lot of changes in the beer industry especially before-during and after Prohibition. Anyway R.I.P. Bill.

Comment

I probably single-handedly made him a Billionaire. RIP. A freezing cold Coors on a sweltering hot summer day in So. Tx where its 98+, just hits the spot!
        Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 10-13-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Back in the 70s Coors wasn't sold east of the Mississippi river (at least in Alabama) so Coors was a very popular beer simply because of it's unavailability. Everyone thought it was the cat's meow but I never liked it that much. I was always a Heineken fan cause I could ask my wife to grab me a heinie. (as in rear end, not a person of German persuasion)

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
            Back in the 70s Coors wasn't sold east of the Mississippi river (at least in Alabama) so Coors was a very popular beer simply because of it's unavailability. Everyone thought it was the cat's meow but I never liked it that much. I was always a Heineken fan cause I could ask my wife to grab me a heinie. (as in rear end, not a person of German persuasion)

Yeah, we were excited when MA started to get it. Holy Grail of beers for an 8 yo.

Haven't had one in 55 yrs

lol.

Drinking a Blue Girl right now, St. Pauli's slutty little sister.

Kampoi!

Comment

Originally posted by yumpy View Post

Yeah, we were excited when MA started to get it. Holy Grail of beers for an 8 yo.

Haven't had one in 55 yrs

lol.

Drinking a Blue Girl right now, St. Pauli's slutty little sister.

Kampoi!

Yeah Holy Grail. I used to work at an FBO that hangared all these nice business jets. The rich guys would bring Coors back by the case from their business trips and everyone was all giddy and excited. Ooooo, Coors. Bleeech!

Comment

Wasn't Coors a major contributor to anti-2A causes?

(oh gawd, here he goes AGAIN...)

Yeah, I remember when that canoe beer* wasn't distributed east of the Mississippi, and everyone made a big deal about it. Funny little two-circle pop top dealio on the cans. Didn't like it then, don't like it now.

But 102 years---? Respect for that. RIP.

*drinking light beer is like having sex in a canoe---it's f*cking near water
                Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
                Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read
                -Groucho Marx

Comment

When Coors first came east they were the first to ship it in refrigerated trucks otherwise it would spoil.

Comment

Yes, we anxiously awaited the first shipment of Coors to Ohio.
                    And Paul Newman was said to never allow his image on film with any other beer.
                    Originally posted by Hoot Owl;n32354094
                    If there were things available to make Trump look good don't you think he would have released them by now?
                    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Danocoustic View Post
                      Wasn't Coors a major contributor to anti-2A causes?

(oh gawd, here he goes AGAIN...)

Yeah, I remember when that canoe beer* wasn't distributed east of the Mississippi, and everyone made a big deal about it. Funny little two-circle pop top dealio on the cans. Didn't like it then, don't like it now.

But 102 years---? Respect for that. RIP.

*drinking light beer is like having sex in a canoe---it's f*cking near water
                      I remember them too, I think first it was available in PA where I lived. Goofy press in on two spots. I think it was also the first that didn't have a pull tab.
                      http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
                        I knew someone who got busted trying to bring a U-Haul truck full of it into Florida back then. True story, and no, it wasn't me.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                        - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                        - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I know a guy who got busted trying to bring a panel truck full of Kahlua in from Tijuana. Since he was active duty military and no priors, they just confiscated his cargo and gave him a stern talking-to.

True story...and I'm glad they didn't take my truck (it was a 1957 Chevy)
                          Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
                          Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read
                          -Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

I knew someone who got busted trying to bring a U-Haul truck full of it into Florida back then. True story, and no, it wasn't me.
                            Hell, from what I understand there was a fairly successful movie based on the premise of bringing Coors to a southeast state. It had a few actors that were, IIRC, semi-well known and a co-star that was a car. Again, IIRC it was a Camaro or some other GM machine.

I never saw the movie, just heard about it. Anyone happen to see it? I think it came out in the late 70's or early 80's...
                            Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Did he drive a black trans am with T-tops?

Comment

Working...
                              X