Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Got this album in the mail today!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Got this album in the mail today!!!

I forgot just how much I liked this band back in the day...just a great album! Playing it on an old Sanyo turntable a co-coworker gave me yesterday...I nice solid little turntable!

Click image for larger version

Name:	rockpile.png
Views:	1
Size:	985.8 KB
ID:	32364538
    Attached Files
    Guns Over People

Great album! One of the best of the early 80s.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

I can't even remember the last time I listened to an album on a phono. Question....Comparitive to CD (or whatever is current) what is the quality like? I can understand the fondness for vinyl, but do you have any a;bums in both phono/vinyl & CD?

Oh yea, almost forgot....how much does it cost to get a record like that these days?
      Last edited by stratosaurus; 10-13-2018, 05:44 PM.
      ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
      Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Originally posted by stratosaurus View Post
        I can't even remember the last time I listened to an album on a phono. Question....Comparitive to CD (or whatever is current) what is the quality like? I can understand the fondness for vinyl, but do you have any a;bums in both phono/vinyl & CD?

Oh yea, almost forgot....how much does it cost to get a record like that these days?
        I have a few albums and their CDs....to me the albums sound more defined...I hear things (not pops and scratches..lol) on the albums that I don't hear on the CDs. As far as prices...used albums are dirt cheap. Newly pressed albums on 180 gram vinyl can cost anywhere from $20 and up.
        Guns Over People

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post

I have a few albums and their CDs....to me the albums sound more defined...I hear things (not pops and scratches..lol) on the albums that I don't hear on the CDs. As far as prices...used albums are dirt cheap. Newly pressed albums on 180 gram vinyl can cost anywhere from $20 and up.
          I prefer the original albums. I guess the prices are like everything else... price depends on the artist & condition. I have kept many of my records, but I wasn't exactly a good caretaker. There are probably quite a few of them that used to required a coin on the cartridge to listen to.
          ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
          Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post

That's what I get too. When I've got an LP and a CD, I find I generally prefer the sound of the vinyl. Of course, the vinyl doesn't play as well in the car!

Albums on vinyl can be really inespensive here in the UK, or they can be extortionate. Kinda depends on what you're looking for.
            Strangers on this road we are on,
            and we are not two, we are one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post

That's what I get too. When I've got an LP and a CD, I find I generally prefer the sound of the vinyl. Of course, the vinyl doesn't play as well in the car!

Albums on vinyl can be really inespensive here in the UK, or they can be extortionate. Kinda depends on what you're looking for.
              It's the same here...on ebay I can find just about any album I want for under $10 shipped...of course that's for a used one. There is a rating system, but you never know if the seller really knows how to rate them. New albums are a lot, lot more...though I have bought a few of them because they're some of my favorites from my past.

Guns Over People

Comment

Working...
              X