Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans rank Barack Obama as best president of their lifetimes: Poll

Americans rank Barack Obama as best president of their lifetimes: Poll

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amer...ry?id=56545031

I'm not surprised by this, though I may not have agreed with all of Obama's policies, he brought class and dignity to the White House....both which are sorely missing now.
    Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Originally posted by Daryl Flynn View Post
    Millennials say Obama best president; Gen X, Baby Boomers say it's Reagan

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/20..._best_pre.html

Gen Z is going to be so damn conservative.

Everyone knows Millennials are mostly brain dead. What other presidents are even in their lifetimes? Clinton and Bush LOL
    AL.com? Ahahahahahaha! deal with it!
    "Loyalty to the Nation all the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it."

Comment

Obama was not a good president he was just average but he was a good man, he could have been stronger but it wasn't in him. Trump just thinks he's stronger but he really is a very weak man. One thing Trump has done though is make Obama look like the best president and that is probably what the oll is reflecting.
      Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult. Winning an argument with a stupid person is damn near impossible.

Comment

He was a F-ing liar.
        A Trump sycophant claiming someone else is a liar, Now that's rich. You're credibility just took a huge hit on that one.

Winning an argument with a smart person is difficult. Winning an argument with a stupid person is damn near impossible.

Comment

• panhandler
          panhandler commented
          Editing a comment
          What credibility?

A Trump supporter calling Obama a liar??? Credibility self destruct! BOooom!!!!
        -------------------------------------------------------
        The emperor marched in the procession under the beautiful canopy, and all who saw him in the street and out of the windows exclaimed: Indeed, the emperor's new suit is incomparable! What a long train he has! How well it fits him! Nobody wished to let others know he saw nothing, for then he would have been unfit for his office or too stupid. Never an emperor's clothes were more admired.

Comment

Not surprising. Unlike Trump, historians will kind to Obama. A class act.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

• yumpy
            yumpy commented
            Editing a comment
            Class? Long Legged MacDaddy?

Mom jeans?

Puleeeeeze!

• Tom Hicks
            Tom Hicks commented
            Editing a comment
            you tee it up nicely for me...

1. Abraham Lincoln
            2. George Washington
            3. Franklin Delano Roosevelt
            4. Teddy Roosevelt
            5. Dwight Eisenhower
            6. Harry Truman
            7. Thomas Jefferson
            8. John F. Kennedy
            9. Ronald Reagan
            10. Lyndon Johnson
            11. Woodrow Wilson
            12. Barack Obama

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ankings-235149
            Last edited by Tom Hicks; 10-14-2018, 11:30 AM.

My credibility with RINOs.

obama lied about everything

Now you’re just embarrassing yourself.

Comment

• slodge
            slodge commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah. We’re all bored of it too.

Trump is not fit to carry President Obama's lunch.
          Trump = Low brow, no class, uneducated bully who makes a career out of being a lair and using women and degrading them.
          President Obama on the other hand, class, integrity and genuinely tried to do the right thing and the best he could even though the Republicans blocked him at every step of the way.

Trump is a lying sac of turd who has done his best at making America crappy again and lowering the bar.
          Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
          There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

• yumpy
            yumpy commented
            Editing a comment
            Obama was not fit to carry Clintons luggage or was it serve them coffee?

To be fair, The Hulk is not fit enough to carry the luggage the clintons have.
            Last edited by yumpy; 10-13-2018, 07:43 PM.

Curious, how many of you people here, that are 40+, would say 0bama is the best in your lifetime? The important question is, why" .. It's a given,, that the bar for integrity, class & acting in accordance to what we expect of a president, is now a lot lower, but other than clinton & nixon, every other president has been pretty "presidential". acting.
          From listening to some of you, your 'lifetime' may include Truman, maybe even FDR. I don't really think 0bama even approaches that class and doesn't deserve that kind of comparison.
          ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
          Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

For me it was Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama, Trump. Hard to pick which one sucked less, though I admittedly have no direct recall of of the first two, and barely recall the third. Each has pluses and minuses which were not necessarily evident in 'real time', all the way up to the present.

So, I guess I'll pick Ike because my life got better every single day for the three months I lived during his Presidency. JFK would be a close tie.
            Last edited by Grumpy_Polecat; 10-13-2018, 06:33 PM.
            gp

"You speak with total clarity.
            "And complete irrelevance."
            --Howard Cosell. Said to Minnesota Fats during a matchup with Willie Mosconi.

Comment

Originally posted by stratosaurus View Post
              Curious, how many of you people here, that are 40+, would say 0bama is the best in your lifetime? The important question is, why" .. It's a given,, that the bar for integrity, class & acting in accordance to what we expect of a president, is now a lot lower, but other than clinton & nixon, every other president has been pretty "presidential". acting.
              From listening to some of you, your 'lifetime' may include Truman, maybe even FDR. I don't really think 0bama even approaches that class and doesn't deserve that kind of comparison.
              I'm 63, and I can answer that.. Despite inheriting the worst economic conditions since the Great Depression, under Obama we saw the recovery of over $7trillion in lost real estate values, the unemployment rate declined by over 50%, the DOW index after falling to it's lowest point since it's creation nearly tripled, new car sales reached a 15 year high, we had 7 straight years (a record) of new job creation, and Federal deficit spending declined for the last two years of his Administration while he restored our reputation around the world.

Comment

"He was a good man"

He was a F-ing liar.

He won because the poll was a bunch of brainwashed millennials that only know Clinton and Bush, and probably can't even remember when Clinton was president. And millenials being the last generation that will ever be politically correct, I know they have very shallow reasons for picking obama.

obama is a herpe sore on a dead maggot

Worst thing that ever happened to this county

Trump brought home about what, 20 hostages being held by other countries that were taken when Oloser Hussain was Potus?

Without plane loads of cash.

Remember all them jobs that were not coming back?

These kids haven't a clue and will be crushed and reminds me of the EMO's.

Comment

I go by what they have done for the country.

I made money under Clinton, 1st term and voted for him.

Reagan made the US strong.

Carter blew it with the Iranian Hostages.

LBJ passed some civil rights bills, but messed up on the VN war.

Camelot was just that. Jackie and war hero potus.

Gen E, was just a pic on the wall at school.

Bush, facepalm, Did what he had to do.

obama apologized for the history of the US.

Not very presidential.

I like how he yucked it up at the funeral with that danish pastry.

Comment

Poll of millennials

The economy has been steadily growing since June 2009, though Trump's tariffs have caused Ford to lose $1 billion in profits while new car sales in the U.S. have declined for the second year in a row, and Ford is also planning massive layoffs, while our trade deficits with China, Mexico, and the E.U. have substantially increased. Also, Trump has already had $900 billion in deficit spending, with that number projected to top $1 trillion for this year. Nice, eh?

What segments of our economy or industries have experienced substantial growth in employment or commerce as a direct result of Trump's policies? If you can't cite anything, then it's clear that the economic conditions that we are experiencing is just a continuation of the growth that began under Obama.

Comment

• yumpy
                      yumpy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, it's obamas economy.

Too bad he didn't build that.

• Tom Hicks
                      Tom Hicks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      on a number of occasions I have seen you ask that question of trump apologists. a simple question about what specific policies of his cause specific improvements in the US economy.

They always run and hide.

but there are people not afraid to answer this question. People like - soybean farmers, Harley-Davidson workers, Ford, manufacturers pinched by higher steel prices, the computer case manufacturing company called Case Logic, solar panel sales and installation people, and others paying the price for Trump's hubris.

People assign far too much credit and blame to presidents for state of the economy.

Comment

Working...
                    X