Breitbart readership plunges by 1/2 in six months

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breitbart readership plunges by 1/2 in six months

#winning!

Figures gathered from the analytics service comScore show the right-wing news website's traffic has plunged from 15 million unique visitors in October to just 7.8 million in February, according to the news outlet....

...Breitbart representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill on the site's current traffic numbers.

The decline in traffic comes amid a boycott of Breitbart's advertisers.

“From an advertising perspective yes, very clearly," Todd Krizelman, CEO of MediaRadar, which helps web firms increase ad sales, told Politico when asked if Breitbart was in trouble.

Former Breitbart editor Ben Shapiro also pointed to the ouster of former chairman Stephen Bannon for the drop in traffic.

“They hitched their wagon to Trump, but more importantly, they hitched their wagon to Bannon,” he said. “And when Bannon left, what was the character of the site going to be? That was always a serious question.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/37...lf-in-6-months

Donald Trump: "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea."

RobRoy: "There is an "honest grit" to his lying."

Yes. When people say that 85% of Republicans support trump, they may be right. But there are a lot less who identify as Republican in the age of Trump.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...ublican-party/

Comment

I don't go there as much as I used to. There's too many other great conservative news sites popping up.

Poor CNN

CNN primetime viewers fall 35%, Fox News up 9% - OneNewsNow.com

https://www.onenewsnow.com/media/......5-fox-news-up-...

Last edited by Daryl Flynn; 08-12-2018, 12:25 PM.

“Allowing the immigration to take place in Europe is a shame. I think it changed the fabric of Europe and, unless you act very quickly, it’s never going to be what it was and I don’t mean that in a positive way.” - President Trump

Comment

Since guido loves popularity stuff so much, I thought I'd throw this in ...

White Millennials Are Leaving the Democratic Party | RealClearPolitics

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/.....e_democratic_p...
        Last edited by Daryl Flynn; 08-12-2018, 12:28 PM.

“Allowing the immigration to take place in Europe is a shame. I think it changed the fabric of Europe and, unless you act very quickly, it’s never going to be what it was and I don’t mean that in a positive way.” - President Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Flynn View Post
          I don't go there as much as I used to. There's too many other great conservative news sites popping up.

Poor CNN

CNN primetime viewers fall 35%, Fox News up 9% - OneNewsNow.com

https://www.onenewsnow.com/media/......5-fox-news-up-...

Your link doesn't work, so I'm not sure what time frame the Young Dudes at the_donald were trying to sell you, but CNN seems to be doing just fine.

Chris Cuomo‘s new show has provided CNN with a nice ratings bump in the 9 p.m. hour. Yes, Cuomo Prime Time is finishing third in the hour behind Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow, arguably cable news’s two most popular (and polarizing) personalities, but in July 2018 the program provided CNN with a +17 percent bump among adults 25-54 and +16 percent increase in total viewers vs. the network’s 9 p.m. ratings in July 2017.

It has also turned into the network’s No. 1 show.

Looking at the network overall, CNN held steady in prime time, both in total viewers (891,000) and in the A25-54 demo (297,000) in July 2018 vs. July 2017. But the network posted year-over-year audience losses when it came to the 24-hour day. This past month, CNN was -5 percent in total day viewers, and -11 percent in the A25-54 demo vs. July 2017. This is according to Nielsen live-plus-same-day data.

Despite another third place finish behind Fox News and MSNBC in prime time, CNN had its 3rd-best weekday prime time in 23 years–only behind 1995, 2009 and predictably 2016–among adults 25-54. The network also touted its victories over MSNBC when it came to the key A25-54 demographic in total day, daytime hours and on weekends.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/july...-m-hour/372054

And CNN and MSNBC combined still beat Fox. Conservatives continue to lose the popular vote.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/the-...018-are/372335

Comment

• The Badger
            The Badger commented
            Editing a comment
            Rule of Thumb: If Donald Trump, FOX and Friends or Daryl say a news outlet is "failing," it's probably had its best year ever, and is looking to an even brighter future.

From your own link:

Young people do not like President Donald Trump,

Leaving the party doesn't mean they will vote for Trump. Young people don't like either party. And, as I showed you, young people BY FAR are preferring the Dem candidate in their local races.

Have you noticed the shift towards the Dems in the elections thus far?

2017 April 4 California 34th* D+69 D+87 +18
          April 11 Kansas 4th R+29 R+6 +23
          May 25 Montana at large R+21 R+6 +16
          June 20 Georgia 6th R+9 R+4 +6
          June 20 South Carolina 5th R+19 R+3 +16
          Nov. 7 Utah 3rd R+35 R+32 +3
          Dec. 12 Alabama Senate R+29 D+2 +31
          2018 March 13 Pennsylvania 18th R+21 D+0.3 +22
          April 24 Arizona 8th R+25 R+5 +20
          June 30 Texas 27th* R+26 R+21 +5
          Aug. 7 Ohio 12th† R+14 R+1 +13
          Partisan lean is the average difference between how the constituency voted and how the country voted overall in the last two presidential elections, with 2016 weighted 75 percent and 2012 weighted 25 percent.

* Results are from either an all-party primary or an all-party general election, both of which include multiple candidates of the same party; vote margin is the total vote share of all Democratic candidates combined minus the total vote share of all Republican candidates combined.

† Unofficial results.
          Last edited by guido61; 08-12-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Your link doesn't work, so I'm not sure what time frame the Young Dudes at the_donald were trying to sell you, but CNN seems to be doing just fine.

Chris Cuomo‘s new show has provided CNN with a nice ratings bump in the 9 p.m. hour. Yes, Cuomo Prime Time is finishing third in the hour behind Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow, arguably cable news’s two most popular (and polarizing) personalities, but in July 2018 the program provided CNN with a +17 percent bump among adults 25-54 and +16 percent increase in total viewers vs. the network’s 9 p.m. ratings in July 2017.

It has also turned into the network’s No. 1 show.

Looking at the network overall, CNN held steady in prime time, both in total viewers (891,000) and in the A25-54 demo (297,000) in July 2018 vs. July 2017. But the network posted year-over-year audience losses when it came to the 24-hour day. This past month, CNN was -5 percent in total day viewers, and -11 percent in the A25-54 demo vs. July 2017. This is according to Nielsen live-plus-same-day data.

Despite another third place finish behind Fox News and MSNBC in prime time, CNN had its 3rd-best weekday prime time in 23 years–only behind 1995, 2009 and predictably 2016–among adults 25-54. The network also touted its victories over MSNBC when it came to the key A25-54 demographic in total day, daytime hours and on weekends.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/july...-m-hour/372054

And CNN and MSNBC combined still beat Fox. Conservatives continue to lose the popular vote.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/the-...018-are/372335
            Click the blue headline

Always click the headline in my links.

(and guido, I think you're smart enough to know the left is falling way out of fashion. You might as well be old Nixonians in 1976. lol)

CNN primetime viewers fall 35%, Fox News up 9%

Michael F. Haverluck (OneNewsNow.com)
            Select Language

Cable’s far left-leaning CNN saw more than a third of its primetime viewership drop last week compared to the same week last year, while Fox News’ primetime audience got nearly a double-digit boost over the same period when compared to 2017.

“After years of misleading its audience with fake news, 35 percent of CNN’s primetime audience up and left when compared to this same week last year,” Breitbart News reported. “These viewers might have gone over to Fox News, where the primetime audience jumped by +9 percent.”
            Last edited by Daryl Flynn; 08-12-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• The Badger
              The Badger commented
              Editing a comment
              If I say I believe this, do I get a cookie?

Here's another one from last month ...

Click the headline, guido

CNN's Ratings are Down Double Digits — FTVLive

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/201...-double-digits
            Last edited by Daryl Flynn; 08-12-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

More ...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...ormula-1099549

Comment

• The Badger
                The Badger commented
                Editing a comment
                Where do you get these "facts," and has it dawned on you that while CNN may be falling in the ratings, FOX News is falling just as fast, but by bigger numbers? Worse still, did you notice that MSNBC is rising in the ratings? It looks to me like the people whom you claim abandoned CNN and FOX News have tuned in to MSNBC. Seriously, you should look at what you post before you post it. And then maybe not post it.

]Breitbart News reported
              "nuff said.

Comment

Your own graph shows how much Fox fell!

Add those MSNBC and CNN numbers together. There should be calcluator maybe on the bottom right corner of your computer screen they put there for conservatives.

PM if you had problems with the math.

Comment

• The Badger
                  The Badger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Daryl's got the graphs upside down again.

Your own graph shows how much Fox fell!

Add those MSNBC and CNN numbers together. There should be calcluator maybe on the bottom right corner of your computer screen they put there for conservatives.

PM if you had problems with the math.
                Guido doesn't realise most conservatives get their news from the internet.

Only old people watch news.

Who really cares about FOX? RINO news with two good redpillers (Carlson, Hannity)

CNN is in the toilet.

Did you wave to the millennials as they left your party?

Comment

Always there with a new spin when your own posts and data get used against you!

Doesn't matter who watches what.

Older people vote.
                  Exclusive: As elections near, many older, educated, white voters shift away from Trump's party

Older, white, educated voters helped Donald Trump win the White House in 2016. Now, they are trending toward Democrats in such numbers that their ballots could tip the scales in tight congressional races from New Jersey to California, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll and a data analysis of competitive districts shows.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1HG1I6

And I already showed you that women, and younger women in general are leaning Dem. But here's another chart to break THAT down for you:

And we know, you at least you will know NOW, women are for more reliable voters than men. Your Young Dudes at the_donald will either be too hung over or will be too busy playing video games or making cool memes and will forget to vote in Nov.

Comment

Who really cares about FOX? RINO news with two good redpillers (Carlson, Hannity)

CNN is in the toilet.

Did you wave to the millennials as they left your party?

And you call what you do here on this forum fun? What's it like for you when you're not having fun?

Seriously.

~~I was not. I was. I am not. I do not care

Comment

And we know, you at least you will know NOW, women are for more reliable voters than men. Your Young Dudes at the_donald will either be too hung over or will be too busy playing video games or making cool memes and will forget to vote in Nov.

I've never been a big fan of the 19th amend.

The young guys (and girls) on the right are pretty damn fired up. So we'll see in November.

Oh, the Millienials called, they said they left a jacket at the Democratic Party, and since they're never coming back they wanted to know if the fat girl with the blue hair and big spider tattooed across her face could mail it to them?

Last edited by Daryl Flynn; 08-12-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X