No announcement yet.

Cal3 to hit the November Ballot

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal3 to hit the November Ballot

Over 600,000 Californians in each of it's 58 Counties signed the petition.

This could potentially mean a LOT of songs will have to be re-written...

As well as Geography Books.

[cite]

Click image for larger version

Name:	HT_Calif_3_split_180613KA_hpMain_13x7_992.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	32254711

There's a billionaire who buys enough signatures to put this on the ballot in CA every few years. I don't know any Californians who actually support it.

Comment

How long of a long shot is it for passing?

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

• panhandler
        panhandler commented
        Editing a comment
        It's looooooooooong.

Probably won’t pass. And even if it did, the Senate would never approve it.
      Donald Trump: "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea."

RobRoy: "There is an "honest grit" to his lying."

Comment

IIRC it has to win the vote first but then be ratified by the California Senate and House, and I don't think that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by New Trail View Post
          IIRC it has to win the vote first but then be ratified by the California Senate and House, and I don't think that will happen.
          And then would have to ratified by the US Senate. Somehow I don’t see North Dakota and Wyoming voting to allow 3 Californias.
          Last edited by guido61; 06-14-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

That's OK.
            It's a headline that doesn't have you-know-who's name in it for a welcome change.
            To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

• Grumpy_Polecat
              Grumpy_Polecat commented
              Editing a comment
              You're welcome, bro!

I live in SoCal and at my age I really don't gives a rat's ass one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

And then would have to ratified by the US Senate. Somehow I don’t see North Dakota and Wyoming voting to allow 3 Californias.
              Yeah. "Southern California" could end up being a fairly populous red state, but the other two would be blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Telecruiser View Post
                I live in SoCal and at my age I really don't gives a rat's ass one way or another.
                You're near San Diego, right? Congratulations, you would stay in the state of "Southern California."

Oddly, people who live in LA County would no longer live in Southern California.

Comment

If these dramatic changes happen I might move to Otisberg, on the Costa Del Lex.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by Zooey View Post

Yeah. "Southern California" could end up being a fairly populous red state, but the other two would be blue.
                    I wouldn’t even be so sure about that. Check out the county results map from 2016

https://www.politico.com/2016-electi...nt/california/

Comment

Originally posted by Zooey View Post
                      There's a billionaire who buys enough signatures to put this on the ballot in CA every few years. I don't know any Californians who actually support it.

I was born and raised here in California and have lived here most of my life - while it gets talked about quite often, I've never actually seen the matter appear on the ballot before.

Regardless - it has about as much chance of actually happening as I do of being declared king of Ireland.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

I wouldn’t even be so sure about that. Check out the county results map from 2016

https://www.politico.com/2016-electi...nt/california/
                        If "Southern California" was a separate state, it would most likely be a "swing" state than either a reliably red or a blue one.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                        - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                        - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Those lines make more sense than any of the other ones I've seen.

The best thing?
                          Cutting SoCal off from NorCal. Bye-bye, water hogs.
                          George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                          Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Working...
                          X