No announcement yet.

Judge rules Trump violated the 1st amendment

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

For starters, Trump has fired government employees via Twitter, and he has contacted foreign leaders via Twitter.
    link?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post
      link?
      You first.

Comment

You first.
        I made no statements of fact. I only expressed my opinion.

Comment

I made no statements of fact. I only expressed my opinion.
          This is an accusation you need to back up.

I understand AOC, also a government "mouthpiece" has blocked users as well.

Comment

No, I don't. I understand it to be true. i.e. it is my opinion. Words have meaning, sir.

Comment

No, I don't. I understand it to be true. i.e. it is my opinion. Words have meaning, sir.
              Understand and opinion are different words. You chose one and not the other.

Comment

I love the smell of intellectual dishonesty in the morning.

Zip
                665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

I know it won't happen, but I'd like to imagine that the fat dumb cuck would have to go in himself and un-block everybody one by one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	66198501_377894699536372_5341509113589268480_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeGj3EJswblhtWKkL64olq_ztZv6V54hziYJdzS_eGjBDZ1ncTcsnfac9VYdLb37A_iZ70Tzmz5Q6lr66GckjmoDi4Zgpj1BhF3exve8bwDdfw&_nc_oc=AQkIFiCPfrDKZWSg9ndeT_RiCXrN6_w2qaQrG4ZVlQXat7NmddFHLMcxA
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	32550147

Flag a Post
                  The Report has been sent.
                  [OK]

Comment

Bite me.

Comment

It's funny how keeping someone from hearing what you are saying is violating THEIR free speech.

I strongly suspect that if Trump bothers to appeal, this rogue judge will be overturned handily. And it really does open up a can of worms regarding who can be blocked from reading one's tweets. I understand AOC, also a government "mouthpiece" has blocked users as well.
                      You made a statement regarding a concrete fact--something that did not come from your head; it did not originate with your reasoning, your inferring, your values, your imagination, etc. etc. Instead, it's something completely outside of your head; it's a matter of fact that can be either verified or disproven. Hence, you did not make a statement of opinion. This is what we learned in grade school with those opinion-vs-fact tables.

Anyway, you are correct that AOC has blocked people, and it's not hard to back up the claim of fact: https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.2ff2609ab73e

I imagine that the courts will side with plaintiffs and say that she can't block users either--especially not if its fellow congresspeople conducting policy debate with her via Twitter. Though one or more judges might argue that AOC did not declare that her Tweets are official statements from her office, like how the WH declared Trump's tweets are official administration statements, and thus her account doesn't face the same restraints. We'll see. (That all came from my head; it's my opinion... if it had come from somebody else's head, it would've also been opinion. We can't fact check it; it's pure inference.)
                      For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                      https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
                      www.steelphantoms.com/
                      PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Bite me.
                        BAN you?

Okay... see you in a month...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                        - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                        - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc...uling-on-trump

She's currently being sued for that... it's current news.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

His post was clearly stated as opinion, using words like "I strongly suspect" and "I understand." And again, it's current news that AOC is being sued for blocking users on social media.

Make sure you have a legit reason to make a "link" request before making the demand please.

- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc...uling-on-trump

She's currently being sued for that... it's current news.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Does she use her account for official business?
                                If she uses it to discuss politics, policies or correspond with other legislators, then I'd say she's using it for business that's directly pertinent to her office.

She has an official congressional account too, but it has a fraction of the followers of her personal account - which is why I suspect she still uses her personal account so much - it has much greater "reach", and on social media, your power is directly proportional to your number of followers.

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X