Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alas we hardly knew ye

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/06/u...n-resigns.html

and another one bites the dust

Do you think he told the rumpster his tariff deal was bad?
    I AM PART OF THE RESISTANCE!

Comment

• The Badger
      The Badger commented
      Editing a comment
      Possibly, which is why he resigned. Trump pointed at the door and said, "GET THE [naughty word] OUTTA HERE!" so he did.

Why would anyone who actually knows anything about economics and business want to work for Donald Trump?

Im just surprised any of them ever gave it a shot thinking they could make a difference.

Comment

• The Badger
      The Badger commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would anyone want to work for Trump? Well, the salary may have been good...
      Why would anyone stop working for Trump? The drugs wore off.

The officials insisted there was no single factor behind the departure of Mr. Cohn, who heads the National Economic Council.

Biggest factor = d1ckhead boss.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
    For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
    Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

One thing for sure... Over the past 13-14 months, we've all learned how to drain a swamp.
    I AM PART OF THE RESISTANCE!

Comment

Dow futures -380

All due to prepubescent rant.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

Gary Cohn and Anagram gone on the same day. Everybody’s jumping ship!

Too bad Mr. Cohn has zero chance of ever regaining any shred of dignity. They all had to sign it away while swearing an oath to serve the constiTrumption.
        Last edited by arcadesonfire; 03-06-2018, 06:10 PM.
        My band!:
        www.steelphantoms.com/
        my stage stuff:
        fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

• Hoot Owl
          Hoot Owl commented
          Editing a comment
          Anagram's gone?
          Shoot. I so hoped to learn a few things from him.

• The Badger
          The Badger commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Cohn left more or less of his own volition. At least I assume that's what ''resigned'' means.
          Anagram, on the other hand, ''had a little help'' with his departure. He sat on the basket of the HCPP trebuchet, yelled insults and ignored advice to ''get down from there.'' When he kept on yelling insults and all but dared Phil to launch him, Phil obliged him.

• Phil O'Keefe
          Phil O'Keefe commented
          Editing a comment
          True...

We weren’t worthy

Comment

Originally posted by E-money View Post
          The officials insisted there was no single factor behind the departure of Mr. Cohn, who heads the National Economic Council.

Biggest factor = d1ckhead boss.
          To be fair Cohen is a tremendous d1ckhead as well.

Comment

Until the departure of Cohn, I was hoping the tariff nonsense was a childish attempt at gaining some bargaining leverage (in the NAFTA negotiations). It appears that my hopes were ill advised.

If the adults don't take over soon, we're in for a bumpy ride

Comment

• The Badger
            The Badger commented
            Editing a comment
            Never get your hopes up when Trump is involved. No matter how bad you think things could get, he'll find a way to make them worse.

I knew alas once...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
            I knew alas once...

Heh...
            Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

What a tough crowd...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
              - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
              - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                What a tough crowd...
                'Remember Alas? This is a song about Alas.'

'Dallas Alas.'

'She asked me why the singer's name was Alas.'

I guess they just didn't understand traditional Irish songs, many of which are about Alas...

Last edited by Grumpy_Polecat; 03-08-2018, 06:40 PM.
                gp

"What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men just can't be reached. So, you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants. The... I don't like it any more than you men."

Comment

Working...
                X