Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steele Dossier 2': Trump wanted Romney for secretary of state... Moscow said 'Nyet'

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steele Dossier 2': Trump wanted Romney for secretary of state... Moscow said 'Nyet'

And the plot thickens once again...

Here comes a new twist of Russiagate. Donald Trump allegedly actually wanted Mitt Romney, who once called him “a fraud,” to be his secretary of state. But then the most powerful man on earth heard a definite “nyet” from Moscow.

Apparently, there is nothing beyond the sinister power of Russian President Vladimir Putin. He first managed to make an explosive reality show host with no background in politics beat a woman with decades of experience in Washington, DC, then told his protégé who he should and should not appoint as the top US diplomat.

Mitt Romney, who famously called Russia a “number one geopolitical foe” during the 2012 presidential campaign, was absolutely out of question, so Trump picked Rex Tillerson, a recipient of Russia’s highest merit for foreigners.

At least that’s the narrative suggested by the veteran New Yorker author Jane Mayer in her long fawning article about Christopher Steele, a former UK intelligence agent and author of the infamous dossier that depicted Trump as a Kremlin creature, groomed for years. Mayer retells the saga of how a little-known Briton became a star of American politics - Game of Thrones-style.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt....e-kremlin/amp/

Much better to have a SoS with multi-billion-dollar business interests in Russia, yes?
    Plant that bell and let it ring

Ed Phobes has taken music to a place where it has never been before, and will never go again. In my life, I have heard great music, and I have heard terrible music. Now I have heard this. Thank you. – sydfan

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Only the bigliest puppets, believe me. Tremendous.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	58505c97ca7f0c8c018b5678-750-375.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	32176713

Comment

If this is true, then it finally explains why the heck this businessman with no government history (and no business ties to Trump) suddenly came from out of nowhere to be our Sec of State.

Back when he first showed up, we all thought the Exxon–Rosneft link (and Russian medal) made Tillerson a suspicious choice. But over time, if you're like me, you've probably come to see Tillerson as a real Boyscout (hehe). He hasn't shown signs of corruption, and he has constantly been "one of the adults in the room," while Trump's parade has mostly been amateurs and idiots.

Even if he was suggested by Putin or other Russian business friends of Trump's, that doesn't make Tillerson himself corrupt, but it would certainly explain his presence.
        Last edited by arcadesonfire; 03-06-2018, 01:18 PM.
        My band!:
        www.steelphantoms.com/
        my stage stuff:
        fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
          If this is true, then it finally explains why the heck this businessman with no government history (and no business ties to Trump) suddenly came from out of nowhere to be our Sec of State.

Back when he first showed up, we all thought the Exxon–Rosneft link (and Russian medal) made Tillerson a suspicious choice. But over time, if you're like me, you've probably come to see Tillerson as a real Boyscout (hehe). He hasn't shown signs of corruption, and he has constantly been "one of the adults in the room," while Trump's parade has mostly been amateurs and idiots.

Even if he was suggested by Putin or other Russian business friends of Trump's, that doesn't make Tillerson himself corrupt, but it would certainly explain his presence.
          It sure looks like part of a suspicious pattern, though. Doesn't it?
          Just item after item on the list... Russia.

Comment

Maybe Tillerson, the supposed Boy Scout, is just a far superior actor to the rest of them. If he has been hiding something this whole time, he deserves an Oscar.
            My band!:
            www.steelphantoms.com/
            my stage stuff:
            fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

the difference is Tillerson isn't stupid

Comment

If they can prove it Trump can be tried for treason.
                Government
                Of
                Putin
                Originally posted by nedezero1;
                Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.
                http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...nches-reporter

Comment

• RogueGnome
                  RogueGnome commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No one cares.
                  Congress lets Trump do anything he wants. They're afraid of him. And Trump is afraid of Putin.

Been saying all along that Putin chose our Secretary of State.

Proof of collusion? Not sure.

But pretty damn fv@%d-up.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

The premise of Trump wanting Romney was already debunked and found to be a load of garbage. The person who started that rumor it didn't even check the facts to see if they were contradictory.

The author said it was based on Trump being venerable to Blackmail by the Russians. Trump was to hire Romney as SS in order to avoid having sanctions placed on the Russians.

What blows a hole the size of a mountain is the Sanctions are already in place and have been in place for a long time now. The author never even bothered to google the main premise for his lame theory which is as stupid as it gets.

If the Russians could blackmail Trump to prevent sanctions from being imposed - why would he leave the existing sanctions in place? Makes no sense at all.

Have no idea what Romney has to do with it other than Trump was curtesy of interviewing him after the election. Does anyone seriously believe Trump would even hire him to clean toilets after the last election after the way Romney tried to take him out?

The whole premise is nut bag. I truly think libs are loosing their minds. Don't they know people have a tool called Google? All you have to doo is google up Russian sanctions and you get 47,000 results.
                  Last edited by WRGKMC; 03-07-2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                    Tom Hicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Here's a link you may have missed.

The Trump administration told Congress on Monday that bipartisan legislation passed last year authorizing new sanctions on Russia is already "serving as a deterrent," and there's no need to actually implement the penalties at this time.
                    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...s-necessary-at

In the face of actual evidence such as this, are you willing to revisit your "nut bag" theories to make them closer reflect reality?

• Hoot Owl
                    Hoot Owl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Why would Trump meet with Romney at all if Romney is so disliked by Trump?
                    Romney has all the qualifications to be a good SOS. I guess Trump knew that. That's why he met him.
                    It sure went nowhere all of a sudden though. I thought that was a little odd, at the time.
                    And then Trump picks Tillerson, someone with no government experience but who is a friend to Russia.
                    Weird.
                    Things like this are why a lot of Americans want a special prosecutor to look into Russia and Trump, if for no other reason than to clear our president and all that entails, for the good of the nation, if nothing else.
                    Last edited by Hoot Owl; 03-07-2018, 03:30 PM.

Originally posted by WRGKMC View Post
                  The article has already been shown to be a load of garbage. The person who wrote it didn't even check the facts to see if they were contradictory.

The author said it was based on Trump being venerable to Blackmail by the Russians. Trump was to hire Romney in order to avoid having sanctions placed on the Russians.

What blows a hole the size of a mountain is the Sanctions are already in place and have been in place for a long time now.

The author never even bothered to google the main premise for his lame theory which is as stupid as it gets.

If the Russians could blackmail Trump to prevent sanctions from being imposed - why would he leave the existing sanctions in place? Makes no sense at all.

Have no idea what Romney has to do with it either. Does anyone believe Trump would hire Romney to even clean toilets after the last election?

The whole article is complete nut bag. I truly think libs are loosing their minds. Don't they know people have a tool called Google? All you have to doo is google up Russian sanctions and you get 47,000 results. Guess the bobble heads on the left need feeding and they know they'll eat any garage thrown at them. This one is laughable.
                  You don't really mean venerable. Or do you?
                  Veteran New Yorker author Jane Mayer does not write garbage.
                  It is widely known and accepted (except by you) that Romney was a finalist in the running for SOS by Trump.
                  (psst: Jane is a woman.Really. It's true.)
                  You're right about one thing. You have no idea.
                  This photo is from their dinner meeting to discuss SOS spot.
                  Last edited by RogueGnome; 03-07-2018, 08:54 AM.
                  To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

• Hoot Owl
                    Hoot Owl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will forever wonder WTF Donald was up to on that night. Was he toying with Mitt? Or did he think he needed Mitt's help? Who knows?
                    Last edited by Hoot Owl; 03-07-2018, 03:22 PM.

Terry Gross interviewed Jane Mayer yesterday.
                  Interview Highlights here (or you can listen to the whole thing from the same link )

Although Trump and his allies have sought to portray the 35-page dossier as Democratic-funded propaganda, the work that led to its creation initially started with Republicans themselves.

A GOP financier approached the private intelligence firm Fusion GPS to begin work researching
                  Trump, but then discontinued that support. Later, after it was clear that Trump would be the Republican nominee, a law firm connected to the Clinton campaign began funding the work. Mayer says that Steele never knew precisely for whom he was ultimately working.
                  To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

• willhaven
                    willhaven commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "But Hill-a-REEEEEEEEEE!"

elections have consequences I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by WRGKMC View Post
                    The premise of Trump wanting Romney was already debunked and found to be a load of garbage. The person who started that rumor it didn't even check the facts to see if they were contradictory.

The author said it was based on Trump being venerable to Blackmail by the Russians. Trump was to hire Romney as SS in order to avoid having sanctions placed on the Russians.

What blows a hole the size of a mountain is the Sanctions are already in place and have been in place for a long time now. The author never even bothered to google the main premise for his lame theory which is as stupid as it gets.

Have no idea what Romney has to do with it other than Trump was curtesy of interviewing him after the election. Does anyone seriously believe Trump would even hire him to clean toilets after the last election after the way Romney tried to take him out?

The whole premise is nut bag. I truly think libs are loosing their minds. Don't they know people have a tool called Google? All you have to doo is google up Russian sanctions and you get 47,000 results.
                    Did you notice how, despite some sanctions already being in place, Congress overwhelmingly voted for MORE sanctions in 2017, and Trump has not executed them?
                    Last edited by arcadesonfire; 03-07-2018, 11:18 AM.
                    My band!:
                    www.steelphantoms.com/
                    my stage stuff:

Comment

• Grumpy_Polecat
                      Grumpy_Polecat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Trump hasn't executed Congress yet?!

(Sorry, I'm trying to get with the tide of popular shrieking, by which I mean opinion).

I certainly have noticed how trump has failed to enforce the Russian sanctions passed by a veto proof majority in congress last year. I also noticed the curious change to the GOP platform in '16 to eliminate support for weapons to Ukraine. Any number of these not-so-subtle hints paint an pretty clear picture.

And of course Romney is vocal about his opposition to Russia.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Working...
                    X