Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your band still enforcing the "no synthesizer" policy?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes
    Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

This synth has really caught my attention lately:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

One of my guitars is "synth ready", but I've never got around to buying a guitar synth to go with it.
        (When in court, after swearing to tell the truth) "Facts are facts and alternative facts are perjury."

...Julia Olson, executive director, Our Children's Trust

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
          Just checking in to make sure everyone is still abiding by the no synthesizer policy.
          Oh yeah, big time

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
            Tryin to figure out who played the guitar on this. Did Jan do it himself??
            There was a lot of faux guitar on keys in that show. This is my favorite Jan Hammer jam from vice!

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Zig al-din View Post
              Yes, unfortunately. The keyboardist in the current band I play with is an anti-Synthesizer-ite. He only uses B3, electric piano and sometimes acoustic piano tones. Cool but sonically boring.
              Yeah.People like that sometimes make me think El, Yahweh, or whatever His name is, should reconsider the whole ‘no flood policy’....
              __________________________________________________ _________
              arcadesonfire:
              And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
              ______________________________________________ _________
              guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
              __________________________________________________ ______
              Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
              _____________________________________________ _________
              ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

I'm ok with a "few" guys synth soloing: Dukey, Herbie, Bernie, Stevie... and sometimes Jan.
                It's like the vowels of the synthesizer world.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

I’ve always assumed the Micro Synth used much older, different technology, whereas the pedals from recent years were based on the POG tech. I’ve got a POG 2, and it seems like with enough tweaking and some other filters, etc, I could make sounds very close to their “x9” pedals. But the micro synth was originally from decades ago.

Just guessing/inferring on my part.
                  I think you're right. The x9 pedals sound like they are built on the polyphonic pitch shifting technology from the POG. They might just be specialized versions of the POG. The original Micro Synth is different, it's an octave fuzz with a synth filter and an envelope effect that's like a vintage Attack Delay or Boss Slow Gear.
                  Last edited by Zooey; 06-17-2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

It's like the vowels of the synthesizer world.
                    "Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel." ....contestant on Tone Wheel of Fortune.
                    (When in court, after swearing to tell the truth) "Facts are facts and alternative facts are perjury."

...Julia Olson, executive director, Our Children's Trust

Comment

This doesn't make synth.

Comment

Speaking of Jan Hammer, this album is worth a listen if you haven't heard it.

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

Let's here it for another great Italian! Tommy Mars, ladies and gentlemen....

Last edited by Vito Corleone; 06-17-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Let's here it for another great Italian! Tony Banks, ladies and gentlemen...
                            Last edited by Vito Corleone; 06-17-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post

"Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel." ....contestant on Tone Wheel of Fortune.
                              That's why they don't play Wheel of Fortune in Hawai'ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post
                                Let's here it for another great Italian! Tony Banks, ladies and gentlemen...
                                He would have made a terrible Italian, but they were very popular in Italy in the early days.

Comment

Working...
                                X