Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

test but I can't post anything in the reply box, can a mod fix this for me, please

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test but I can't post anything in the reply box, can a mod fix this for me, please

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a look at the American Indian" — Henry Ford

Seeing as how the rest of us can post text, it would appear to be on your end.

Comment

Originally posted by Belch View Post
      Seeing as how the rest of us can post text, it would appear to be on your end.
      Strange, I can't write in the box on Firefox, but now on Chrome I can. So I guess it may have to do something with Firefox.
      "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a look at the American Indian" — Henry Ford

Comment

This is a known....or at least, reported....problem. Several, maybe 20-30 other members have reported similar problems, but I haven't seen anything substantial in common. Given the changing of the guard for the forum, this may not be fixed until after things settle down a bit. Or maybe it'll be fixed tomorrow. It's not as if mods are in the loop with Development.
        "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else" - Yogi Berra, 1925-2015

Comment

i experienced it with safari once. I logged out and back in and i could post again.

Comment

One thing that someone suggested fixes the issue for them is changing their computer's keyboard settings from UK English to US English. You can always try that and see if it helps - if it does, please let me know. It's relatively easy to change...

Here's a couple of links with instructions:

http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Your-K...can-to-English (For PC users - just select US instead of UK English)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202178 (For iPhone / iPad users)

I couldn't find a link for OSX / Mac users, but it's not too hard:

Go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences
            Click on Keyboard - make sure you have the Keyboard tab selected in the pop up box
            Click on Input Source
            Scroll way down, and select US (not US extended or US International PC)
            You can then just close the box

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
            - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
            - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
            - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• guitarville
              guitarville commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmm, I used the comment area here and I change my key board from japanese to american english, but it wont let me still post in the reply. Oh, well, I ll go back and use Chrome, on firefox at the moment

Originally posted by guitarville View Post

Strange, I can't write in the box on Firefox, but now on Chrome I can. So I guess it may have to do something with Firefox.
            but I use firefox.

on linux, but it is still firefox.

Comment

• guitarville
              guitarville commented
              Editing a comment
              See the above comment.

There are some other goofy things that seem to happen randomly. Sometimes the "quote" and "comment" features just aren't there, but going back to another page, they return. The other thing that happens to me is while replying, the cursor gets a mind of its own, and wanders around the page.

Most of the time, this happens in Firefox. I also use Mac machines.
            Last edited by thankyou; 04-14-2015, 08:43 AM.
            "This is the kind of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put."

...Winston Churchill

Comment

I thought I heard that they had addressed / fixed the bouncing cursor issue. Are you still experiencing it thankyou?

I never experienced that one, but I have been in the middle of typing and went to insert a link where I left off, only to have the link insert at the very beginning of the post instead of where I left off typing... but as soon as I clicked where I left off / wanted to put the link, I was able to do so just fine. Still, stuff like that is annoying, and we definitely want to see those bugs get fixed.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

The comment button disappeared for me the other day on Chrome/Win 10. Still like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alndln3 View Post
                  The comment button disappeared for me the other day on Chrome/Win 10. Still like that.
                  LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Alndln3 View Post
                    Yes, that was intentional. We took comments away. We never liked them to begin with, and once we found a way to get rid of them, we did.

- George Carlin

Comment

Classic example of "we really don't see everything" - I posted in this thread and I didn't even notice the necro-spam.

Thanks for flagging it guys!

- George Carlin

Comment

Necro-spam? Advertisers trying to sell bodies for....... ??

ewwwww
                        My band!:
                        www.steelphantoms.com/
                        my stage stuff:
                        fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                          Necro-spam? Advertisers trying to sell bodies for....... ??

ewwwww
                          Roasted, sliced and served with honey mustard glaze. Only way spam is edible.
                          Lease this space!

Comment

Working...
                          X