busking- why don't more people do it?

music321

• Members

is it illegal in most places? i've seen it done in a few large cities, and very,very few other places. i live in a "city" of about 150,000. i've seen ONE GUY doing it. he sets up with a guitar, his voice, and opens his guitar case for people to toss money into.

he sets himself up outside the "expensive" grocery store. i don't know how much he makes, but probably more than most of those working in the store.

i appreciate it too. i wish more people would do it. stopping to hear him play (when he's around) just for 5 min really de-stresses me. for that, i gladly pay a buck or two.

• Members

Athens, right around 150,000 people, used to have a busker on every corner on weekends during decent weather. But in the last 10 years, I see it less and less. Not sure why. Good food for thought.

I wanna busk at GA Square Mall. Good way to earn lunch money for the day :thu:

• Members

I wanna busk at GA Square Mall. Good way to earn lunch money for the day
:thu:

Hit streetstageatlana.com it's a site promoting treet performance and should cover questions/advice

I *think* atlanta is one of those cities where amplification isn't allowed (I get the impression you are mainly electric rock type music [yes?] )

I know of a couple of touchstyle guitar plyers who hve had problems with that (I mean, you can't really play a stick w/o amplification)

• Moderators

)

I know of a couple of touchstyle guitar plyers who hve had problems with that (I mean, you can't really play a stick w/o amplification)

maybe an Acou-Stick?

Most larger cities regulate busking via permits, allowable hours, limited locations, etc.

Archived