Revenge of the Beatles: Paul Strikes Back

bill5

• Members

kind of. Of course the media plays its usual shameless, knuckle-dragging click bait game and tries so desperately to pump more "drama" into it than there really is with the "MF" titles: http://time.com/5392625/paul-mccartney-on-quincy-jones/

Props on Sir Paul taking the high road (as I'd expect) and Jones still looking like a nut case/schmuck (which at this point I also expect).

In other industry news, McCartney has the number one album on the charts with Egypt Station, which debuted at number one... a first for him in his post-Beatle career, and his first solo #1 album in 36 years...

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8475341/paul-mccartney-first-no-1-album-in-over-36-years-on-billboard-200-chart

• Members

Wow Phil, hadn't heard.....any good? I'll have to check it out.

Also from your link:

"....launches with a larger-than-expected 153,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Sept. 13 according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 147,000 were in traditional album sales..." Surely that doesn't mean LPs-?

Another interesting trivia note...The Beatles logged four No. 1 debuts, all with albums in the 1990s and 2000s: Anthology 1 (1995), Anthology 2 (1996) and Anthology 3 (1996) and 1 (2000).

• Members

I don't...but I previewed the tunes on Amazon. Mixed feelings generally...his voice is shot though, hard to listen to, and a sad state of affairs. God knows he's entitled at his age, just a shame, IMO the greatest rock vocalist ever in his day.

I don't...but I previewed the tunes on Amazon. Mixed feelings generally...his voice is shot though' date=' hard to listen to, and a sad state of affairs. God knows he's entitled at his age, just a shame, IMO the greatest rock vocalist ever in his day.[/quote']

Yeah, he's what, 76 now? You can't really expect him to be able to sing like he could when he was 30 anymore... but he can still write, and the guy really seems to live for music - especially live performance. I think it keeps him going, and more power to him. I hope I can still enjoy playing when I'm his age.

• Members

Nah don't expect him to sing like he did when was 30, but I'd hope he knows when his voice is gone and not to look the other way but adjust accordingly (e.g. increased stereo tricks to mask it or simply let someone else sing his songs). Ya gotta know when to say when. I can imagine the people in the studio exerting no small amount of will power by lying with "sounded great Paul!" etc.

• 11 months later...
On 9/18/2018 at 4:26 PM, bill5 said:

Wow Phil, hadn't heard.....any good? I'll have to check it out.

Also from your link:

"....launches with a larger-than-expected 153,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Sept. 13 according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 147,000 were in traditional album sales..." Surely that doesn't mean LPs-?

Another interesting trivia note...The Beatles logged four No. 1 debuts, all with albums in the 1990s and 2000s: Anthology 1 (1995), Anthology 2 (1996) and Anthology 3 (1996) and 1 (2000).

Old post, but I somehow missed your question - sorry Bill. 

I suspect that's hard copies of any kind - LP's and CD's. 

Archived