No announcement yet.

Publishing rights -music libraries verses direct Question

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing rights -music libraries verses direct Question

I am very close to getting a license and need to make sure I fill out the Schedule A correctly.

I have sent some of my songs to three different music libraries under a non exclusive agreement. One has retitled the songs, so there is no issue there. The license

My understanding is that if Music library XYZ pitches my song and gets a license, XYZ would be the publisher. For songs I send directly to a Clearing house, Taxi, Broadjam, Hit License etc and receive a license through them, I would be the publisher and have all publishing rights and XYZ Music library would have no publishing rights. I believe this is correct but I want to make sure I do everything correct.

If the license happens it would not be through any of the three Music libraries I sent my music to. I went through one of the companies I listed above, So would I be the publisher and have all publishing rights?

Thanks for all replies.

I'm not certain I understand what you are asking here.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Working...
    X