Younow.com

VladM

• Members

Has anyone played there?

It is an online open mic where viewers vote up or down based on your performance. If you don't play pop songs that kids like it is pretty much guaranteed that you will get kicked off the virtual stage but its fun anyways.

Its fun to play there. That site is great for generating a global fan base.

Just keep in mind it is a very tough and brutal crowd and only the best of the best get extended air time.

• Members

so if you aren't an American Idol wannabe, what is the point?

Its a good concept for a site problem is, its overrun by kids who are only tuned into the pop sound. They don't quite understand that most good original music is not mainstream. They just don't get it so it is what it is. If you give them any other sound that is not mainstream they will thumbs you down.

I used to play on a site called live.tv or something like that, but it got replaced with the more commercial vibe of younow. That site catered to the older, experienced crowd. Its hard for me to stay on at younow.com. Unless there are other adults in the channel supporting you its hard to stay on.

I did end up with 64 fans and counting doing many short broadcasts. You just gotta take the chance and hope that there are adults there to support you. Its better than nothing. The kids don't really give me a chance to stay on longer than 2 or 3 songs. I get all my support from other musicians or the site's management. But the mass of kids... they just don't get it.

• Members

Its a good concept for a site problem is, its overrun by kids who are only tuned into the pop sound. They don't quite understand that most good original music is not mainstream. They just don't get it so it is what it is. If you give them any other sound that is not mainstream they will thumbs you down.

I used to play on a site called live.tv or something like that, but it got replaced with the more commercial vibe of younow. That site catered to the older, experienced crowd. Its hard for me to stay on at younow.com. Unless there are other adults in the channel supporting you its hard to stay on.

I did end up with 64 fans and counting doing many short broadcasts. You just gotta take the chance and hope that there are adults there to support you. Its better than nothing. The kids don't really give me a chance to stay on longer than 2 or 3 songs. I get all my support from other musicians or the site's management. But the mass of kids... they just don't get it.

Are you sure you've caught the jist of why they vote you down?

Archived