What's your take on BroadJam and other music licensing submission sites?

• Members

Do licensers really give the tunes on there a fair shake, or do you have to know someone who knows someone?

I guess you never know, but BroadJam takes a substantial (to me) submission fee for a licensing opportunity that offers tremendous upside (to me).

It seems like an extremely expensive lotto ticket.

• Members

As independent artist you only have those possibilities in digital sales:

a) You sign your song to one of those services, most often exclusive and worldwide, even thus none of them has any worldwide distribution.

b) You sign your songs to a label, and they take care of distribution & sub-licencing.

c) You found your own label and deliver directly to iTunes.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey NeverTheMachine,

My name is Mike Huberty and I do Artist Services here at Broadjam. I'll try to answer any of the questions you might have.

I'm not sure A. Einstein knew exactly what you were referring to when it came to music licensing vs. digital sales, Broadjam offers the ability to sell your music, but you were asking about our music licensing opportunities in particular.

You asked whether or not the licensors give the music a fair shake and I'd say that's exactly what we're striving for. The big difference between us and other sites is that we don’t pre-screen and we don’t act as a middleman. In fact, we guarantee (or your submission fee back) that the people who are looking for music will listen to your song and give it a chance. In fact, we tell you what time and day they listen to it and we also tell you the songs that do get selected for projects so you can listen to what they picked, so you know what they were looking for.

We’re going for as much transparency as possible and we do whatever we can to help artists find the right opportunities for their music. I’m a musician who’s submitted to opportunities through other sites, so I understand the frustrations of not knowing what’s going on, how you feel during the selection process, the frustration of not having your music “forwarded” when the person who’s looking for your song will never even have a chance to hear it, etc... we’re trying to make the whole process a better experience for the artists because we know how it feels.

Let me know if that answers your question and feel free to contact me with any more.

Thanks!

Mike

Broadjam

Mike Huberty

Artist Services

Broadjam

mikeATbroadjamDOTcom

608-271-3633 x. 223

• 9 months later...

Archived