Musician's Friend

EmeeBee1982

• Moderators

I do, and it is mainly because they have done me right in the past. I have purchased two guitars and two amps from them, plus cases, mics, stands, cables, string, etc.

Pricewise they are competitive with the locals (GC, Sam Ash) and the like, and I don't have to endure poorly trained salespeople, and the endless bad attempts at playing metal songs by unskilled 15 year-olds at full volume on a line 6 Spyder.

• Members

You really think so? Have you ever had to send in any of your equipment to the manufacturer? My roommate had to have repairs done on her digital piano and it cost $400 and took 6 months! She made me get the warranty on a Dean Pack I just purchased last week

• Members

You really think so? Have you ever had to send in any of your equipment to the manufacturer? My roommate had to have repairs done on her digital piano and it cost $400 and took 6 months! She made me get the warranty on a Dean Pack I just purchased last week

Read it and weep.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/10358/what_consumers_should_know_about_extended.html?singlepage=true&cat=15

• Members

I have purchsed extended warranties from both MF and GC and im generally glad I did. I have had to use a few and never had a hassle in regards to getting reimbursed. This may be due to the shop i use, in westminster md., is authorized to do work on these warranties and is extremely competent.

• Members

I think that the warranty is a good idea. I know they're previous coverage had some loop holes, small print etc.. But the new one seems pretty airtight! Pays for repairs and shipping to manufacturer, which is problems I have dealt with in the past, with my roommates piano and with my Fender Bullet Strat (Piece of {censored}, I'll never play a guitar like that again)

BlueStrat: Reading that article it doesn't seem like something MF does. Scary, most defnitely, but I think that the change in their extended warranty is further than the facts in that paragrah. They offered coverage 2x and are very understanding when I say no. I've heard triumphant stories of their NEW coverage covering Accidental Damage and Normal Wear and Tear.. ON cymbals!! They replaced his cymbal because he cracked it! The new warranty seems very legit to me. So I called back in and added the coverage. I travel a lot and they told me any sort of climate changes (warped wood etc) would be covered as well as situational problems like a fellow band member or roadie dropping my guitar!

• Members

As I've said previously, I watched a guy with one of GC's extended warranty thingies walk into the pro audio area of the store with a banged up CDJ-400 from a gig and walk out with a new one while I was still there. I dunno about MF, but *some* do work as advertised.

• Members

As I've said previously, I watched a guy with one of GC's extended warranty thingies walk into the pro audio area of the store with a banged up CDJ-400 from a gig and walk out with a new one while I was still there. I dunno about MF, but *some* do work as advertised.

Word, yeah.. All I've ever heard or seen has been good shtuff, good shtuff indeed! I think I made a good choice. Definitely do not doubt they had a crappy coverage previously, but it seems to have shaped up! Any warranty that covers NORMAL WEAR & TEAR does it for me :p

Archived