using audio dialog from video's in songs??

kingduh

• Members

Hey there, does anyone know if it is legal to use the verbal audio only of a interview, news report, testimony, etc from a TV program or documentary or even off of a video on youtube. I'm not sure of the copyright laws regarding this or if you have to obtain some sort of license or permission from the creator. Not sure if permission is needed since I would not be using the video, only verbal dialog mixed with my own music. I wanted to do a song mixed with some audio clips of people talking about a subject but some of the audio would come from documentaries, news reports or tv programs.

Not sure if this is even that big a deal just to go ahead and do it or if its actually really risky. I don't want to get sued or anything.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

• Members

Hey there, does anyone know if it is legal to use the verbal audio only of a interview, news report, testimony, etc from a TV program or documentary or even off of a video on youtube. I'm not sure of the copyright laws regarding this or if you have to obtain some sort of license or permission from the creator. Not sure if permission is needed since I would not be using the video, only verbal dialog mixed with my own music. I wanted to do a song mixed with some audio clips of people talking about a subject but some of the audio would come from documentaries, news reports or tv programs.

Not sure if this is even that big a deal just to go ahead and do it or if its actually really risky. I don't want to get sued or anything.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

You cannot use it without permission. All TV broadcasts are subject to copyright.

Archived