Just started Promo for my song.

• Members

I just started promotion of my 1st song. I ended up at ReverbNation. for a few dollars my song went all over the internet. really cool. I did have issues with many things but tech supports was great! Now I'm working on a website and I'm using the Facebook ad program. there are lots of wall to hit but I'm trying to navigate the maze. any other ideas out there?

3946da24cdab157b2807e4249c1acb12.jpg.ddb4ac209e36a7d43cc0e937b1b617ee.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hello,

This could be an interesting case study. Could you provide any information how is it going right now? I'm not asking if you are actually earning money but does your audience grow? How fast?

Have you tried communities like soundcloud? I believe that there lies a big potential. However it does require a lot of time and there is this question,

What do you prefer to spend your time on: making music or promoting it?

I wouldn't recommend you using the services of marketing/PR companies. The small and medium ones are like playing jackpot. I don't say that all of them sell disappointment but many actually do. And for the bigger ones, it is not so easy to be chosen from zillions of bands and music creators.

As far as I know, facebook advertising might be a support in the beginning, but in long-term is a rather financial black hole as it acts like a drug dealer of some sort ;) The same goes for adwords.

The good solution might be to find someone who will help in promotion in their free time. This could be your brother or girlfriend. If they are involved and reliable enough, they will become a good managers. Sometimes even better than professional ones. Really.

Below I have attached an article that should point out how to promote yourself through free channels (soundcloud in particular). Remember however that what can not be paid with money, it will be paid with something else. In this case time is the thing.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

You don't need to do promotion for 1 song. You need to promote your personal brand. Spending money on facebook ads doesn't help if people dont remember you and listen to your next track. Build a large following on facebook/instagram/snapchat/bandcamp/soundcloud/mixcloud. Thats all the promotion you need, and its free.

Look up Gary Vaynerchuk on Youtube, or read any of his books. It covers everything you need to know.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I agree with that idea that you don't need promote only one song, if you need some help with creation of your web site, I can help you, besides that I can help you with bringing traffic to your web site and youtube channel. I will help you with great pleasure )))

• 2 months later...
  • Members
I just started promotion of my 1st song. I ended up at ReverbNation. for a few dollars my song went all over the internet. really cool. I did have issues with many things but tech supports was great! Now I'm working on a website and I'm using the Facebook ad program. there are lots of wall to hit but I'm trying to navigate the maze. any other ideas out there?

Sounds great! What is the name of the song? Where can i find it?

Archived