Tone site with linked gear

• Members

Hey all!

I've been working on this gear website where you can showcase your tone demos and I'd like some opinions on the site. Basic idea is that you can upload short tone clips, point being you link up all the gear you have used on your soundclip.

http://www.gearrd.com

You can search for audio clips or register and upload your own. Once uploaded, you can link gear to your soundclip (simply add categories, simpler hash tags if you will) and you can search for more based on the used gear. Linking gear also provides you a way to search for your own tone combination, just select the categories you want to go with - search results will only show those clips where your selection of gear was used.

It's still very much a work in progress and I know a lot of basic functionality is still missing but I'd like to see what people think about it. I combine my professional career as a software developer (not websites however) and love for guitar gear - can't do the latter well enough but I know Thomann catalog by heart. Anyway, the site is not restricted to guitar related gear so feel free to upload stuff and experiment.

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Archived