Any Opinions on MusicForte.com?

• Members

Some guys I know that do a show that used to be on terrestrial radio and is now on Ustream are thumping their chests about being picked up "nationally" on this website. Apparently Musicforte is trying to do more "streaming radio" - but these guys are likening it to being picked up by a national network, like CBS. These two average literally 10 viewers at a time on their Ustream show. Is Musicforte suddenly becoming a big deal or are they full of crap?

I mean I had a song that went to number one a dozen times on a Soundclick chart and stayed in the top 10 all summer. Not a single paid download. No offers. No limos. No record execs with cocaine and women at my door.

I'm thinking musicforte is just another massive sea of "unsigned" artists that no one is listening to. Thoughts?

• Members

I've been a member there for a long time, and I used to sell a lot, then they changed their site, and it went way down.

But they are getting into TV media, so my guess is that they're about to be on the "up" again soon.

That's what these guys are doing sort of a low budget webcam thing on Ustream. It will be interesting to see where that goes, but nobody wants to pay for music anymore.

• Members

I don't think Music Forte is doing a low budget thing. They're working with ComCorp, which I'm not really familiar with. But I know they work with major networks like ABC, CBS, FOX, etc.

Maybe that's what the radio guys are talking about. I don't know.:confused: Would be cool to see some better exposure for independents though.

• Members

I see what you're talking about. The Herm and Rayce show. yeah, looks new to Music Forte.

But I see the link for their show on the forte site now. I know it wasn't there yesterday, and I haven't received any promotion about it in the Music Forte newsletter.

I guess there's only one way to tell, and that will be to see if their next show has many more viewers than 10.

I listened to a bit of yesterday's show. Those guys are funny!

• Members

I see what you're talking about. The Herm and Rayce show. yeah, looks new to Music Forte.

But I see the link for their show on the forte site now. I know it wasn't there yesterday, and I haven't received any promotion about it in the Music Forte newsletter.

I guess there's only one way to tell, and that will be to see if their next show has many more viewers than 10.

I listened to a bit of yesterday's show. Those guys are funny!

Actually they do a real good job but can't seem to drive a large audience to the ustream thing. It's a shame because if I thought they could make it fly, I'd dump my station in a minute and go all internet. I just can't find a way to monetize it either. It's a 70's show, so I'd have to cough up all the fees, as opposed to playing unsigned music. I'll check out the site - I hadn't seen any info so I was wondering if it was being exaggerated or not.

Cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived