Embedding Album Info in Cd's

• Members

Okay, sorry first of all if this has been a topic already. I'll try to be brief cause it's time for bed.

So I have an album ready. I've figured out how to label my songs with the correct file information (artist, track, album name, copy date, etc..) so I should not have any problem putting the music up for digital download.

However, I was considering trying to sell actual cds. I still haven't decided if I'm going to get them packaged professionally of just make some myself, but the question is:

How do I ensure that same data info sticks with the cd? Like when you put in a cd to your computer, you have media windows player, or whatever program, pull up all the info--so then if you ripped it youd have all the info. I thought there was a more special burning technique to keep it on there but I was told recently that all of that info comes through on the internet from some website...

Is this true? and what is the website? I guess I would have to somehow register the cd with someone...? Or is it possible to somehow get all my info (including album art cover) on there just doing it myself...

Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about and can answer this.

Thanks a lot!

-Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I googled Gracenote and read a bunch of stuff at their site but it looks like an artist putting out their own CD can't get it into their database? Am I wrong on this?

Hey an artist putting out their own CD can get in the database.

It's pretty easy, and you can do it all through iTunes if you want.

There's a guide to do it here:

http://www.waywardmusician.com/how-to-get-your-track-info-to-show-up-in-itunes/

Archived