Anyone Use WP-Ecommerce Plug-in For Wordpress?

• Members

Hello everyone,

i am in the process of setting up my site to get it ready for my debut release. I would like to sell CD's, downloads and, eventually, other merch right from my site if at all possible.

I've read about a bunch of different services but, since I am using Wordpress, WP-Ecommerce seems like it might be the way to go.

Do anyone of you have experience using it? If so, can you shoot me a link to your site so I can see it in action? (hell, maybe you'll get a sale or two if I lie your stuff).

Anyway, thanks for your help.

• Members

I'm unfamiliar with the wordpress service you mentioned, but if you haven't already checked out bandcamp.com, I'd recommend that, it's what I've been using. Completely free, have it point to a subdomain, and sell digital downloads as well as physical goods.

Worth investigating if you haven't already!

Cheers

• Members

I'm unfamiliar with the wordpress service you mentioned, but if you haven't already checked out bandcamp.com, I'd recommend that, it's what I've been using. Completely free, have it point to a subdomain, and sell digital downloads as well as physical goods.

Worth investigating if you haven't already!

Cheers

Thanks HTT, I am familiar with Bandcamp and will use them as a last resort or in addition to other means. I am trying to keep everything on my site and in house if possible. Just want to see if there is a way for maximum control over everything I put out.

I feel that by sending someone to Bandcamp, CDBaby or whatever - from my site - i risk losing a potential buyers attention to whatever else might be going on over there. Plus Bandcamp is free now but who knows if it will be that way a year from now.

Overall though it is just nice to have control over everything I can.

Thanks for the heads up!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

^ I use the SEO plugin. That is certainly useful.

OP:

I don't know about the WP-Ecommerce plugin, but now I want to know more. So if you do go with that service definitely report back. Another thing that you may want to look into is http://www.nimbit.com. They will give you a skin to develop a store on your site so your visitors don't have to leave your site to purchase. They will also give you a storefront on their site. They do offer a full digital dstribution plan on top of that. They have a free service but for what you want you will have to pay $10/month... I think. There are a number of additional services available such as some promotion and marketing tools and social networking marketing consolidation.

I don't have first hand experience with Nimbit but the platform is intriguing.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived