I made a music video... now what?

• Members

Wow, you just ripped off Flight of the Conchords BIG TIME. You even use a lot of their phrasing/song ideas like how you keep going back to the "are you allergic to peanuts" part, and adding to it. It was eerily similar.

The video quality looks good though.

• Members

Wow, you just ripped off Flight of the Conchords BIG TIME. You even use a lot of their phrasing/song ideas like how you keep going back to the "are you allergic to peanuts" part, and adding to it. It was eerily similar.

The video quality looks good though.

I love Flight of the Conchords. Thank you for the comparison.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

......er, transport yourself back to 1986 when people still watched videos?

Er.. theres this thing on the internet, its the 3rd most popular website, its called YouTube? :poke: Oh! Umph..what do you know, its 2010! Hmm.. :idea:

• Members

Oh yeah TeeDupree, YouTube sure does make motown songs still sound fresh and new.

Now that's what I call technology making things look brand new.

Well, except for the hairstyles and make ups too (sorry, peace man)

I'm a 60s person too get me wrong :)

• Members

Post it on as many video sites as you can find, and put a banner on the screen in the corner advertising your own website so people can find and contact you for business inquiries or to buy your music. Try uploading it to torrent sites and p2p sites as well, where people share files and videos.

To promote more viewers to it, be careful where you post links. Posting links on sites like this will help your video rank well, but posting lots of links on sites like Yahoo Answers can actually hurt your rankings. Learn what do-follow and no-follow sites are. This site is a do-follow site. Too many links from no-follow sites can hurt your ranking in Google (and possibly youtube). I have a few videos that have over around a half a million views in a year, and it's probably because I get many visitors from Google who see my youtube video in search results. I got good google rankings for my videos by being careful where I post it at. I mean, you can't control who posts your links where. But too many links from no-follow sites and not enough on do-follow sites looks suspicious to Google, so they sometimes penalize pages the links lead to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived