help with diy distribution

• Members

In a nutshell I am thinking of joining cd baby for online distribution. I am a singer songwriter that uses an 8 track dig recorder to make songsand want to have someone helpme with distribution. I am also married with two kids and don't have time for touring or going out all the time for getting the word out. I play a lot of open mics and some shows. But would like to make some money offf my songs. Is cdbaby worth it for me or is is mainly for bands, or touring acts. I have a following but nothing major.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Another great way to get your music out there in a unique and attractive way is to have your album put on custom printed USB flash drives that you can use as promotional items or sell to your fans. Check out this article, which talks about the great uses you can get out of custom printed flash drives. Best of luck to you in your efforts.

• Members

Hey, I'm actually trying to start a low key mp3 store, maybe you would be interested? It's at http://bonmp3.com, it's a little like Snocap, but less like a community and more like a utility, and I'm aiming to return 90% of of the album purchase price to the musician. Right now there's only support for uploading mp3's, but I also want to get album artwork and other cool stuff eventually

Archived