Press pack: Any online guidelines for what a reviewer expects?

• Members

Press pack traditionally comprises of:

Biography - no essays, nice big type. One side of A4 make it interesting and to the point. Read band sites for that :D

Photographs of the band, though not sure what you would do for that... maybe lots of artwork?

Gimmick, something eye-catching. Something I jsut did was I sealed the specially printed holders with a wax seal. Nice and effective and looked the business. Something like that?

Self-promotion include flyers you've had done, general interest, website details, stickers if you have them, details on other merch, etc.

You need to make the packaging look striking to be noticed. The wax idea I nicked from a coupla others I've seen and it does look really good. Took me ages to do, but looked good. I did it myself by having a local art sculptor make me a stamp, a batch of red candles and a lot of patience.

Just be careful to mind the CD - invest in some printed cardboard covers if you can. They're cheap and very protective, a lot more than plastic covers.

As this is a fairly unique project, you may want to push that as your selling point, or special interest point. Rather than a collection of songs, really promote the community spirit of it!

Hope that helps...

• 5 months later...

Archived