Two songs I have made. Any feedback would be appreciated!

tobymohr

• Members
Nice work' date=' it isn´t bad. These songs are not mixed yet? I ask, because I can imagine better sound in general for your music.[/quote']

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes they are mixed, as well as I could do it.

My skills at the mixer can be a whole lot better, that's for sure! :)

I just find it so damn hard to mix metal music. After I released this song I found out that my guitar picksups clipped all the way through, but I got them fixed now and that should help in future tunes.

Cleaning up a guitar track and making the entire mix sound precise and heavy at the same time is very difficult for me.

Also I wish I has the right gear for recording metal music.

Do you know of any ways to get a better mix? any tips?

Take care.

• Members

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes they are mixed, as well as I could do it.

My skills at the mixer can be a whole lot better, that's for sure! :)

I just find it so damn hard to mix metal music. After I released this song I found out that my guitar picksups clipped all the way through, but I got them fixed now and that should help in future tunes.

Cleaning up a guitar track and making the entire mix sound precise and heavy at the same time is very difficult for me.

Also I wish I has the right gear for recording metal music.

Do you know of any ways to get a better mix? any tips?

Take care.

It´s great, if you learn to mix your music on your own. It´s a lot of work to do, but if you do it, you will add a masive value to you as a musician. It´s a big advantage for you and for band, if you can record your own songs on your own on a professional level. I wish you all the best in this journey of learning this skill and I am looking forward to hear your progression! :-)

Unfortunately I am not an expert on these things, so I can´t give you an advice, but there are many people on this forum, who can. Try to use "recording forum".

• Members

I made it through ''Beyond the Hill.'' Not my style of music and it didn't seem particularly coherent. There wasn't a consistent theme. Not good when you're talking well over 6 minutes. That and the songwriter wannabe in me wanted lyrics. Keep playing, writing and recording. I'd like to hear what's next.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I listened to both of your offerings. I liked both of them. I get from them the impression you are primarily a guitarist, approaching music from that perspective. DeepEnd is a respected and learned poster here, one you could certainly learn from and one whose advice and commentary you should most assuredly pay heed to.

I simply beg to disagree with his comment that the stuff seemed incoherent. This is only my opinion however, and not any slag on his opinion whatsoever.

I felt both pieces had coherency. While the destination of both pieces wavered a bit, they both ended up exactly where you intended them to. I felt like you had very good command over your guitars.I thought you had very good tone all the way through on your guitars.

While one can ALWAYS improve on a mix, I don't feel you were that far out of the ballpark.

The bass guitar did not to my ears have enough presence. Nor did it have enough separation, both aurally, and creatively, from the flow of the guitars.Your use of looping was far beyond my ability's to judge, but seemed to flow well overall.

The drum programming was a bit over the top insofar as the bass drumming is concerned. You'd have to employ an Octopus to re-create that bass drumming I think.

But it's really good stuff! I dug it!

Archived