Well

Happy Birthday ,Gee you have lived to see three decades

WOW your old lol yup sure hell have a beer on me

i`m just a young pup strangedog got me by a couple lol

you were saying about the young one not wanting to listen to

someone who has been around and been in the business for a short time

been there done all that !!!!

• Members

I turn 29 on Wed. I realize now, that my musical career is more about having fun than anything else. Which is why I'm in a cover band. I can still hold a 9-5 and rock out on the weekends. I still write on my own, but I don't dwell on trying to 'make it' anymore like I did when I was younger.

• Moderators

If it's any consolation, I learned a ton about my instrument in my 30s, and matured a lot as a player and singer. And I actually had more success in music in my 40s than anytime in my life.

Cool. I appreciate that.

Yes, now that I think about it, where I'm at now musically compared to where I was in my early 20's is leapsand bounds...

Here's to the future... :wave:

• Members

I just turned 36 the other day. I was SO stressed to turn 30, but looking back, I've had more success as a musician in my 30's than I did in my late teens and 20's. My personal life has also been much better. I still play hard rock & metal for the kiddies, I still get carded for smokes & beer everywhere I go, I still hang with hot young babes... so not much has changed in those departments. Plus I can still lie about my age with a straight face and get away with it, nobody gives "28" a second thought. :thu:

• Members

Just turned 30 eh? My advice is to enjoy it while you can. Turning 30 is pretty much a mental thing. Wait till you turn 40...there are all sorts of surprises that come along with your 40th! (...just wait till your first Dr's visit after you turn 40!!!).

• Members

:freak:

Now what?

:confused:

:idk:

At 30, you're still relatively "immortal" and life is (probably) uncomplicated. You've got the energy to do whatever it is you want to do. If music is your #1, now's the time to show 'em what you've got. Go for it and don't compromise your dreams.

• Members

I just turned 36 the other day. I was SO stressed to turn 30, but looking back, I've had more success as a musician in my 30's than I did in my late teens and 20's. My personal life has also been much better. I still play hard rock & metal for the kiddies, I still get carded for smokes & beer everywhere I go, I still hang with hot young babes... so not much has changed in those departments. Plus I can still lie about my age with a straight face and get away with it, nobody gives "28" a second thought.
:thu:

+1

except I don't get carded for crap. :cry:

• Members

That's a good point. Once you hit 30, the clock is ticking. Time to stop "searching" for what you wanna do. If you wanna be a full-time musician, a signed artist, rockstar, etc... then its time to get it together. Make some sacrifices! Its now or never if that's what you wanna do. I say this primarily about the hard rock & metal dudes. Its hard to be 40 and still try to sell yourself and your music to teenagers & early 20's peeps. Jazz & blues guys... relax, you still have PLENTY of time.

Sure, Slayer is 40, Megadouche is 40, Kiss & Aerosmith are 70 or 80... but they all "made it" in their 20's. There ARE new rock artists hitting the big time in their 30's, but its more the exception than the rule.

• Members

One of the best things about being over 30 is that one is less likely to be in one of those all-original bands that play on a bill with eight other bands in the same night and don't get paid, and much more likely to be in a band that can entertain a crowd for four sets and actually makes money in the process.

/flame on.

Archived