In the Garden of Eden, honey....

THX1138

• Members

Been holdin off posting this for a bit, but slow day at work, so...

Our drummer is apparently Adam - in the biblical, Genesis sense. Why? Well, he has a date with the University of Virginia Medical Center on Monday to have a rib removed. No {censored}.

Couple months ago, he went through a spell where his right arm started swelling up all beefy like. It got bout twice the size of his left, kinda funny lookin actually. Turns out he had a clot in one of his arteries. Had to be hospitalized for almost a week while they dissolved it. Even had to do an emergency angioplasty cause that puppy collapsed. The whole thing was a bit spooky. They put him on blood thinners and all that jazz to regulate everything. But, they told him then that they discovered that this same artery was wrapped around his first rib on his right side, and that due to increased muscle mass and the artery's tangled nature, they may have to remove the rib to prevent future complications. After re-visiting/testing the situation several times... yup, gotta do it.

Needless to say, we'll be takin a few weeks off.

• Members

I'm sure he'll be fine. He's one of those kinda guys that is impossible to keep down. In fact, we'll probably have a tough time convincing him to let it all heal properly before climbing back behind his kit... or more likely, before climbing back on top of some chic.

• Members

This reminds me of the story that went around. I actually can't remember who the celebrity was but the story was he had one or two ribs removed so that he could......uhhhhhh......suck his own d**k!

I've heard that too, and 'borrowed it' to the point that I frequently say "I'm just two ribs away from never having to put up with a woman's {censored} again".

That said - good luck to your drummer! We'll keep good thoughts!

• Members

the actual subject of that rumour (at one point) was dear Marilyn Manson although i heard Clinton was considering it if he had felt he needed one more conciliatory gesture toward the American People. fortunately the sincerity of his apology carried the day and things never had to get more drastic.

• Members

I'm sure he'll be fine. He's one of those kinda guys that is impossible to keep down. In fact, we'll probably have a tough time convincing him to let it all heal properly before climbing back behind his kit... or more likely, before climbing back on top of some chic.

"Nurses love me Bubba"

And yea, he's trying to decide if he's going to Myrtle Beach or Orlando the weekend after his surgery. Riiiiiiiight!! :rolleyes:

• Members

I wonder if you can make some kind of percussion instrument out of the rib ?
:idea:

Funny you should mention that cause I believe he has talked the doc into letting him keep it. Dunno what he plans on doing with it.

Probably just keep it in his pocket as a conversation piece.... "Hey bebby, check out my rib. Wanna blow me?"

• Members

Funny you should mention that cause I believe he has talked the doc into letting him keep it. Dunno what he plans on doing with it.

Probably just keep it in his pocket as a conversation piece.... "Hey bebby, check out my rib. Wanna blow me?"

Sounds like a no-nonsense "straight-to-the-point" kinda guy.....

:D

• Members

Geeez... best wishes to your drummer. That's gotta be a bit scary for him. You kinda need those muscles around your ribs to play drums... but I'm sure the surgery will fix him right up.

Our drummer once had to have a hernia operation and that scared the crap out of us. That type of hernia used to take months to heal (another drummer friend of mine had a similar hernia 20 years ago and couldn't play for 2-3 months). Nowadays they do it arthroscopically and he was back behind the kit in under two weeks. Crazy how far that stuff has come.

• Members

Our drummer once had to have a hernia operation and that scared the crap out of us. That type of hernia used to take months to heal (another drummer friend of mine had a similar hernia 20 years ago and couldn't play for 2-3 months). Nowadays they do it arthroscopically and he was back behind the kit in under two weeks. Crazy how far that stuff has come.

Yeah, I had that hernia op when I was 14, it's the one located in the uh, well, down round the ole coin purse. Nuthin like being 14 in the hospital and having a huge dude roll into your room with a shaving kit. "I'm here to prep you for surgery". ... fantastic.

Ironically, our drummer had to have the same hernia deal awhile back. Poor guy is just fallin apart.

• Members

The doctor has said, actually, that this might make him more flexible and give him a better range of motion.
:confused:

Oh yeah, post surgery I don't doubt it. I meant that if he doesn't have the surgery he would be in deep doo doo trying to play drums.

• Members

Yeah, I had that hernia op when I was 14, it's the one located in the uh, well, down round the ole coin purse. Nuthin like being 14 in the hospital and having a huge dude roll into your room with a shaving kit. "I'm here to prep you for surgery". ... fantastic.

:eek:

Ironically, our drummer had to have the same hernia deal awhile back. Poor guy is just fallin apart.

He just rocks too much, that's all. It's like Spinal Tap, all the great drummers' guts explode. :D

• Members

This reminds me of the story that went around. I actually can't remember who the celebrity was but the story was he had one or two ribs removed so that he could......uhhhhhh......suck his own d**k!

I remember hearing that Janet Jackson had two ribs removed when she had her big comeback with her new sexy look showing off her stomach.

• Members

I remember hearing that Janet Jackson had two ribs removed when she had her big comeback with her new sexy look showing off her stomach.

Sooooooo, maybe my drummer is just trying to accentuate his collarbone? :idk:

• Members

I think that was aimed at Marilyn Manson; not sure if it was true or just a rumor.

But the guy is with the object of my "Love from afar": Dita Von Teese for crying out loud! :eek:

So I sort of doubt it's true. :D

Archived