reverbnation info??

race81

• Members

Trying to set up an account. I was curious if there is any reason one could not download music covers.. our group is not into orignals and we are trying to put together a link of some sort to some downloaded recordings of some of our covers. We have certain venues that want to hear demos, and some are of good distance away.. Just dont want to get into trouble. Anyone else do this ?? Or is there a better way?? thanks

• Moderators

Trying to set up an account. I was curious if there is any reason one could not download music covers..

You mean upload them? Yes, the reason is that you don't own the rights to the music.

• Members

In my past experience, ReverbNation is full of cover bands that have uploaded THEIR versions of popular covers. Just like MySpace used to be; just like YouTube. Unless Reverb has changed their rules, it's fine. My band and my solo act had numerous covers uploaded. Where you'd certainly get in hot water would be if you allowed them to be downloaded by others (for money?)...I can't remember what all you can and can't do since I haven't been out there for a good year.

Archived