Where to meet with clients?

guitarguy19

• Members

We're have a meeting with a couple and their parents about their wedding on Sunday...we decided to have it at a Big Boy restaurant facepalm.gif as it's half way between my house and theirs.

Where do you hold your meetings with clients and why? Restaurants, coffee houses...??

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy19 View Post
Where do you hold your meetings with clients and why? Restaurants, coffee houses...??
I'll be honest and say that I can't recall ever having a "face to face" meeting with a prospective client to simply "talk" about gig plans. For us, "in person" meetings are primarily to give a prospective client the opportunity to see and hear us performing. Typically, prospective clients will come see us at "public" gigs. On a handful of occassions we've made arrangements to have prospective clients join us later in the evening at "private" functions. Once or twice we've had clients stop by our rehearsal space to give us a listen.

However, once they've heard us - any/all "general questions" and/or gig planning type discussions have been handled via telephone calls and emails.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
I'll be honest and say that I can't recall ever having a "face to face" meeting with a prospective client to simply "talk" about gig plans. For us, "in person" meetings are primarily to give a prospective client the opportunity to see and hear us performing. Typically, prospective clients will come see us at "public" gigs. On a handful of occassions we've made arrangements to have prospective clients join us later in the evening at "private" functions. Once or twice we've had clients stop by our rehearsal space to give us a listen.

However, once they've heard us - any/all "general questions" and/or gig planning type discussions have been handled via telephone calls and emails.
Well, they've already seen us play a club, and they wanted to meet with us AND their parents who'll be the ones footing the bill. Couldn't say no without looking like a douche icon_lol.gif

Anyhow...I think face to face meetings are good. I can usually do a good job of selling the band that way.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy

View Post

Ive met with ppl at their house before, for a wedding. also at the venue of a wedding. I dont think it matters that much

Those are both great ideas. Going to their house is a cool idea to offer a high level of customer service!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
The venue is the best place, if you are going to meet. If not, it doesn't really matter where you guys meet up. Bring all of your promotion materials with you and dress nice. It's the parents.
Definitely. I was debating on a suit but I thought that might be a bit overkill for Big Boy. icon_lol.gif

We recently redid our promo materials. I'm bringing with me a 1-sheet that bullet points everything they'll get standard if they hire us plus additional options such as ceremony music or an additional sound system for the ceremony, a song list, and a 3rd page that talks about how much effort we put into the event coordination side of things along with a sample itinerary.

I'll also have copies of our standard wedding info sheet and a contract I'm case they wanna go ahead and book!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy19

View Post

We recently redid our promo materials. I'm bringing with me a 1-sheet that bullet points everything they'll get standard if they hire us plus additional options such as ceremony music or an additional sound system for the ceremony, a song list, and a 3rd page that talks about how much effort we put into the event coordination side of things along with a sample itinerary.

... so, what are the chances of you sharing that press kit with a fellow BWTB poster? biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wheresgrant3

View Post

Wear what you'd plan to wear at the wedding.

Well at the wedding we're planning on black suits and black shirts with the offer to coordinate our tie color with their decor if they wish. Probably no need for that for Big Boy. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived