Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some ways to improve the "value" of your band?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts







  • Quote Originally Posted by tlbonehead
    View Post

    ok, dad.




    Damn tommy: it ain't about all that but whatever.



    I can see you ain't into taking direction and working steady in the band room to get it right.



    It ain't for everyone. But good teams have good coaches and good team players believe in the system and buy into it.



    You band could improve too but I ain't here to call nobody out. Would rather chat with like minded, pro minded cats that get what I'm saying. My guy didn't get his Nashville gig by being tough to work with, and he's all the time telling me stories about razzy and how he'd keep the band on track.



    But like I said: go on and get butt hurt if that makes ya feel better.
    Kickin' it in the sticks...

    Comment








    • Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman
      View Post

      Rehearsals that focus on new material

      Rehearsals that blow thru "starts and stops" before a "first gig in awhile" situation

      Rehearsals that address obvious disconnects



      Rehearsals to "get tight", "capture the feeling", "recreate a performance" feel

      Rehearsals where individual players are learning their parts

      Rehearsals to review whole songs that have been on the playlist forever

      Rehearsals when gigs were available because "we're not ready"



      It's all about balance!




      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      My cover band

      HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD

      Comment








      • Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman
        View Post

        Rehearsals that focus on new material

        Rehearsals that blow thru "starts and stops" before a "first gig in awhile" situation

        Rehearsals that address obvious disconnects



        Rehearsals to "get tight", "capture the feeling", "recreate a performance" feel

        Rehearsals where individual players are learning their parts

        Rehearsals to review whole songs that have been on the playlist forever

        Rehearsals when gigs were available because "we're not ready"



        It's all about balance!




        * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
        My cover band

        HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD

        Comment








        • Quote Originally Posted by modulusman
          View Post

          And yet the average idiot will think the band with 20K in PA and lights is a better band.




          We got that covered too bro. Easily.



          BTW, the driverack is the most phenomenal piece of gear I've ever heard.
          Kickin' it in the sticks...

          Comment








          • Quote Originally Posted by modulusman
            View Post

            And yet the average idiot will think the band with 20K in PA and lights is a better band.




            We got that covered too bro. Easily.



            BTW, the driverack is the most phenomenal piece of gear I've ever heard.
            Kickin' it in the sticks...

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by wades_keys
              View Post

              We got that covered too bro. Easily.




              I said $20,000.00 Wade, not $2000.00.

              Comment








              • Quote Originally Posted by wades_keys
                View Post

                We got that covered too bro. Easily.




                I said $20,000.00 Wade, not $2000.00.

                Comment








                • Quote Originally Posted by wades_keys
                  View Post

                  We got that covered too bro. Easily.




                  I said $20,000.00 Wade, not $2000.00.

                  Comment








                  • Quote Originally Posted by wades_keys
                    View Post

                    We got that covered too bro. Easily.




                    I said $20,000.00 Wade, not $2000.00.

                    Comment








                    • Quote Originally Posted by mstreck
                      View Post





                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by mstreck
                        View Post





                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by modulusman
                          View Post

                          And yet the average idiot will think the band with 20K in PA and lights is a better band.




                          This is the route my band has followed!

                          We all went into a music store and picked an instrument,bought 20,000 worth of P.A. gear and have been succesful ever since!
                          DON'T BE ALARMED!!! REMAIN CALM!!!!!!!!!
                          There's nothing to see here. It's another day in IDAHO!!!

                          My bands Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stiff.richard

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by modulusman
                            View Post

                            And yet the average idiot will think the band with 20K in PA and lights is a better band.




                            This is the route my band has followed!

                            We all went into a music store and picked an instrument,bought 20,000 worth of P.A. gear and have been succesful ever since!
                            DON'T BE ALARMED!!! REMAIN CALM!!!!!!!!!
                            There's nothing to see here. It's another day in IDAHO!!!

                            My bands Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stiff.richard

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by bigjd
                              View Post

                              This is the route my band has followed!

                              We all went into a music store and picked an instrument,bought 20,000 worth of P.A. gear and have been succesful ever since!




                              Same here! Have fun at your New Years gig tonight. Wish I was playing.

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by bigjd
                                View Post

                                This is the route my band has followed!

                                We all went into a music store and picked an instrument,bought 20,000 worth of P.A. gear and have been succesful ever since!




                                Same here! Have fun at your New Years gig tonight. Wish I was playing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X