A high-tech tip jar?

Yes, such a thing actually exists.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"tip-jar-1-a2085f60.jpg","data-attachmentid":32564746}[/ATTACH]

If you'd like to check out my complete review, you can find it here:

https://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/good-fortune-industries-tip-for-tip-jar

As always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them here.

tip-jar-1-a2085f60.thumb.jpg.2f5d6ac6af3b0752d51bb5b76fe0692e.jpg

• Moderators

Aside from them naming it after you...how do they justify the price? I mean, any price point over $20 is going to turn off most weekend warriors...and bands on the road trying to eke out enough money to stay ahead.

But $195?

It is a gimmick and designed for the small room gig...so how could they believe their price was going to not be a deal killer?

From their website: Increase your tips 3-4X per show. He pays for himself after a couple of gigs, which is more than we can say for your drummer!!

I can't believe they did any serious market research...

I can't remember the last time we saw tips over $40 a night...which would be at least five to 6 gigs...

I mean, yeah, it is a cute idea, to be sure, but the price and the fact that it has to run on AC [no battery option? :facepalm:] is another major drawback...do I run this off a spare daisy chain cable in my pedal board?

I think they need to go figure out how to make this a much lower cost unit...and make battery operation an option. As it stands, this player/bandleader says NO SALE!

Suggestion #1...ditch the multicolor leds...who cares? If anything, it will be a distraction from the show onstage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived