Do you wear your own bands t-shirts, hats, shirts, ect??

Outkaster

• Members

I had a discussion with some band members. I have my own band but I don’t wear our own stuff like t-shirts and sweatshirts. To give you all a little back ground our merchandise is strong. We have good branding and sell a lot of it. Our girl singers wear a lot of it and a couple band members also. I started the band but I don’t really feel comfortable doing it. It was the same way with my old martial arts school, I never wore stuff advertising it either. The members asked why and for me I guess it feels a little cheesy. How do you guys handle or feel about this?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wearing a shirt on stage with your band's name or logo on it seems innocuous to me. We do it and Mick Jagger has done okay with his career wearing their logo on stage for many years. If your music is good, it probably will not matter what you are wearing.

• Members

We all sport our logo in daily life as well as on stage.

A good logo is important. Our merch sales are always off the chart, and you can see our logo on vehicles randomly all over the place.

Yeah we wear it and live it everywhere.

Girls can pull it off because most girls will look cute in just about anything.

Guys wearing their own band's shirts comes off as trying too hard.

JMHO

About the closest to wearing my own band's merch onstage that I've ever come is wearing a stage crew t-shirt for a band I was running live sound for. I've worn band shirts for bands I was in around town a few times, but never at a show. Even wearing the shirts around town felt a bit too pretentious, so it's not something I'd do on a regular basis.

Archived