No announcement yet.

One-off sub gigs

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outkaster View Post
    That's crazy. I don't put up with that stuff. Life's too short to play with guys that want to wing everything. You can be a hobby band and still sound professional.
    You lost me . . . I've cast my lot with guys that have musical training. I've seen way too many hobby bands that are "well rehearsed", but their rhythms, changes, signatures lines and lead vocals are boring or flat out wrong. That's the best they can do and it isn't going to change.

Reading charts isn't "winging it" . . . or maybe I've misunderstood you.

Comment

No not charts necessarily. I mean guys that go up there doing things just enough to get by. That get's old real quick. There is an in-between. You can read charts, be a hobby band and rehearsed and still sound professional. It's just that a lot of people are lazy and then can't figure out why they can't get ahead. If you want to do something or be something better just do it better than others around you. It's pretty simple.
      "Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

Comment

Originally posted by Outkaster View Post
        No not charts necessarily. I mean guys that go up there doing things just enough to get by. That get's old real quick. There is an in-between. You can read charts, be a hobby band and rehearsed and still sound professional. It's just that a lot of people are lazy and then can't figure out why they can't get ahead. If you want to do something or be something better just do it better than others around you. It's pretty simple.
        Short story..... a start up a couple of years ago. Band leader / guitar player gives us a list of fourteen songs for the first session and was astounded when I brought in fourteen printed charts I'd put together. Bass player knew one song and had no clue about most of the others. I went to one more session, then quit.

I wish it was easier to assess the work ethic of musicians you're considering bringing to your project or joining. . . .

Comment

Yeah sometimes you don't know or they have something that is wrong with them character-wise. It's tough.
          "Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

Comment

Working...
          X