name the bands/albums that inspired you to write your own music

mbengs1

• Members

I don't consider myself a composer. (see following) These guys fuel my creativity in all kinds of ways

Bach Beethoven Brahms Chopin Hindemith Stravinsky Holst Schubert Mahler Copland Bernstein Haydn Mozart Lauridsen Tchaikovsky Prokofiev Ravel numerous jazz composer/arrangers numerous rock/prog/fusionjazz guitarists drummers violinists brass woodwind bassists piano/keys/percussion singers and another page full of names.

Um... yeah that's it.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

My biggest inspiration are Iron Maiden and Therion. It´s strange combination, isn´t it? And my music unite these two music styles at one. Strange or interesting? You have to wait a couple of months to release my first solo album, which will include these songs.

• Members

Two bands that really inspired me to write my own music were Aerosmith and Evanescence. I have many, many, more influences now, but those were the first ones, and yes that is an odd combination. I wanted my songs to groove like Aerosmith but at the same time have the dark hard rock lyrical poetry characteristic of Ev.

• 1 month later...

Archived