Whats the best way to mount a rack case ?

chord123

• Members

I have a Skb 6 rack case http://www.guitarcenter.com/SKB/6U-E...r-R106-R104.gc. that needs to be mounted or secured to something so it will stay in place. Inside the rack is a Korg Ds-4 tuner.. I have seen musicians sit their rack on top of the their amp head and cabinet it does not work for me. I have tried sitting the rack on a combo amplifier, but it falls over, Unless it is leaning against the wall the rack case won't stay in place.Also I had the rack case on the floor but I want it at eye level. Nothing worse than getting down on my knees and bending over to tune a guitar..I need help getting the tuner mounted to something sturdy and it needs to be at eye level and positioned in front of me. What kind of stand do I use to sit the rack on? Any suggestions on what to do?

20ab5c1a1a6ad03e61729b3489ee65c0.thumb.JPG.b661754b884a82931aafe4e0aca4c435.JPG

• Members

A keyboard stand with a board works okay if the stage is stable. If you've got loads of room in your vehicle, a collapsible plastic work bench works well. I got one from Home Depot a few years back, but I don't know if they still make them. Not all work benches work for your purpose so buyer beware.

Sometimes the little collapsible plastic tables can work, but I find many if not most of them somewhat unstable.

As mentioned I have also used an amp stand to place a six space rack on. Again, it was okay but YMMV.

• Members
Sometimes the little collapsible plastic tables can work' date=' but I find many if not most of them somewhat unstable.[/b']

That's what I was thinking. For gigs where I was solo or didn't have a problem with someone bumping it, a card table worked fine, but this is a heavy contraption. If you all you have in there is the tuner, you might think about downsizing or getting a floor tuner or headstock tuner.

• Members

That's what I was thinking. For gigs where I was solo or didn't have a problem with someone bumping it, a card table worked fine, but this is a heavy contraption. If you all you have in there is the tuner, you might think about downsizing or getting a floor tuner or headstock tuner.

Yep. I've got two Korg rackmount tuners, bought when I had more money than sense - now I've got niether, and niether do I use those tuners. Anyway I use the Boss pedal tuner, or sometimes my Shure tuner in my wireless. Lately I've even been using the Boss pedal app on my phone or my $60 mini tablet. No, the tuner is not inline and of course there's no mute but it works fine on low production gigs, and is quite easy to see. Best of all, the app tuner is true bypass :)

• Members

Yep. I've got two Korg rackmount tuners, bought when I had more money than sense - now I've got niether, and niether do I use those tuners. Anyway I use the Boss pedal tuner, or sometimes my Shure tuner in my wireless. Lately I've even been using the Boss pedal app on my phone or my $60 mini tablet. No, the tuner is not inline and of course there's no mute but it works fine on low production gigs, and is quite easy to see. Best of all, the app tuner is true bypass :)

Yeah, I went BOSS TU-2 in 2001 or so. Been using the same tuner pedal ever since!

Archived