"24 Karat Magic" who's covering this?

New Trail

• Members
Been considering it. Are you? If so' date=' how has the response been?[/quote']

No, we're just now thinking about learning it. It's a great song, and our lead singer REALLY wants to learn it, but there's a lot of stuff going on in the song, for one, and I personally don't think its going to be the hit that Uptown Funk is. So I see it as a challenge that won't really work.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Hi,first post.. I'm a keyboard player in a 5 peice rock/pop cover band. We've been practising 24k and will perform it for the first time in the next two weeks. There is certainly a lot going on, but I think we'll get the point across. We've got 3 1/2 vocalists so we should be getting most of the vocals in there. For keys I've programmed the 4 main syth chords and the two arpeggios into trigger pads which I "play" throughout the song. We're starting the song with the main arpeggio so our drummer gets the (initial) tempo correct (we're skipping the trippy intro and starting with "Players, put yo' pinky rings..."). The hardest part is the bridge where the timing gets funky, but we're working through it. I'll let you know how it goes :).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Same here. I am you in our band. :) We start where you do and skip the second half of the bridge ("watch me break it down like") and just double the chorus and out. Makes it more danceable.

The song is sonically weak without the arpeggios, sirens, and other effects, IMO, so I make sure to include them.

Archived